VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Dick, you'll be deeply missed

Author:
Brian Perkins
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:03:04 01/30/02 Wed

I've been a fan of the David Bromberg Band for the past 27 years. I can remember seeing the band for the first time at the WPLJ concerts on "The Pier" in NYC. Bromberg, Fegy, and Firmin were always the focal point for me, and I won't soon forget the musical exchanges that occurred when I saw them perform...it was and is obvious that there existed a special conncection for these men, musical soul-mates if you will. I recently saw the DBB at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington, DE...and was fortunate enough to meet David, Dick and the rest of the band. Dick carried non of the pretense that I expected of a man of his talent, and when I asked him for an autograph he did so reluctantly...he seemed genuinely uncomfortable being looked at as a celebrity, and it really left an impression on me. Here was a man that had helped to paint so many musical landscapes, yet he couldn't even recognize how others could look at him with awe. I'll be back in the audience for DBB in May, but I will miss seeing Dick at David's left...somehow it isn't really the same any more...Dick, I thank you for enriching my life with your music and I'm so happy to have had an opportunity to meet you...Brian Perkins

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.