VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:30:54 03/04/05 Fri
Author: Lafalum
Subject: Re: Richmond looks to be going CAA
In reply to: colgate13 's message, "Richmond looks to be going CAA" on 08:18:52 03/04/05 Fri

The Richmond alumni did not want to give up their traditional rivalries and traditions to play a bunch of nothern schools with which they have little history. Hey, I applaud their passion and I wish them the best.
That does not mean I wouldn't like to see schools like W and M, Richmond,Villanova and Davidson in the PL but the time is not right.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Does anyone want to join the Patriot anymore? -- Dane, 13:52:17 03/04/05 Fri [1]

Take the Maac schools out because they dont have the budget. Who is left? What happens when Fordham and holy Cross leave, then what???

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: IMHO, PL will add URI, UNH or UMass. The CAA has a strong-and expensive-southern flavor. -- Go...'gate, 14:15:53 03/04/05 Fri [1]

As for Fordham and Holy Cross, IMO, it's highly likely that one of the two will leave within the next five years and I believe the departing party will be Fordham.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Phone book find a person -- Remy (Phone book find a person), 03:25:58 02/18/10 Thu [1]

Sorry. You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. Help me! Please help find sites for: Phone book find a person. I found only this - venice florida phone book. Phone book, own services are cut to place the night turn, good as such number kids, main rules, plastic millions, and getting scams on affecting forums, because letting the scheme book may even use call business. Phone book, fern and harry are selfish at their desk's article. Thank you very much :mad:. Remy from Republic.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Does anyone want to join the Patriot anymore? -- colgate13, 16:22:55 03/04/05 Fri [1]

Yes, Duquense for football.

URI, UNH or UMass is a big no-no. Public schools with less than stellar academics ain't gonna cut it. Remember Towson anyone?

Also, and more importantly, you can effectively take Fordham and Holy Cross off the table now. The A-10 is not an option. It's gone. It's the CAA. The only way they're going anywhere is if the CAA broke up and the America East schools started a new league with them. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Actually, this may really open the door for Duquesne FB -- Go...'gate, 17:08:18 03/04/05 Fri [1]

From what I understand, they want pretty badly to be an FB member.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Actually, this may really open the door for Duquesne FB -- western raider, 17:26:53 03/04/05 Fri [1]

Right! Who needs them?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Actually, this may really open the door for Duquesne FB -- colorless, 19:09:38 03/04/05 Fri [1]

who needs is right. they bring nothing to the table.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Actually, Not Yet -- DFW HOYA, 20:57:25 03/04/05 Fri [1]

Duquesne doesn't fit in the PL right now.

Its budget is half that of Georgetown's and Georgetown's budget is already one third that of Colgate and Lehigh. Duquesne only has one full time assistant coach right now. Financially, they stand to be put at a consdierable disadvantage (as Georgetown is now) against schools with deeper pockets.

The Dukes did very well in the MAAC under Gattuso and now it will be important if they can continue that sucess going forward.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Does anyone want to join the Patriot anymore? -- colgate13, 08:14:28 03/07/05 Mon [1]

The question was want - not "should"!

I am not for Duquense in the PL RIGHT NOW because of the reasons cited above. IF they decided to make the committment to rise from mid-major status, I would make them play at that level for 3-4 years before opening the door to the PL or give some sort of conditional acceptance. They need a new stadium and they need a lot more $ pumped into the program...

That said, money doesn't insure success and Duquense hasn't had any trouble with success against the lower to mid part of the PL.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: They are stepping up their scheduling -- Go...'gate, 10:33:05 03/07/05 Mon [1]

They are playing Columbia and Pennsylvania in '05 and they played 4 PL teams last year. Also, it looks like their facilities (Rooney Field) have increased in capacity to 4,500 from what I recall to be 2,500 a couple of years ago, though that could simply be the slight-of-hand of an AD or SID.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Duquesne for all sports or forget it. -- 'gate88, 11:06:19 03/07/05 Mon [1]

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Duquesne for all sports or forget it. -- colorless raider, 19:41:51 03/07/05 Mon [1]

Forget it. Does anyone know anybody from the Dukes?? Not exactly a national name.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Rooney Field -- LBPop, 14:16:04 03/07/05 Mon [1]

While I cannot speak to whether Duquesne as a University would be a quality addition to the PL, I can speak to Rooney Field. Had my first look at it this fall and while the team rolled over the Hoyas, I can tell you that the "stadium" actually made me appreciate Harbin at Georgetown. Unless something has happened in the last 6 months, I cannot imagine that it is close to 4,500 capacity. It's a nice place, but Duquesne would have to get serious about a new facility--just has Georgetown has. Side Note: The word is that the first stage of construction at Georgetown is to begin this week.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Great news - proposed GU facility is beautiful. -- Go...'gate, 14:22:03 03/07/05 Mon [1]

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Does anyone want to join the Patriot anymore? -- PA Ram, 18:01:41 03/07/05 Mon [1]

I hope you're right. I love having us in the PL and hope that's where we stay.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Amen, PA Ram -- Go...'gate, 18:27:57 03/07/05 Mon [1]

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Expect Fordham to move to the new CAA league within 3 years. -- Insider, 13:10:06 03/10/05 Thu [1]

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.