VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: MMA Cross Training Center?

Author:
Rick
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:37:20 11/03/08 Mon

MMACTC.com ? Anyone know if this place is still scheduled to open in December?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: MMA Cross Training Center?

Author:
CT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:38 11/03/08 Mon

Does anyone know anything about the instructors listed?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:00:58 11/03/08 Mon

Looks like a MASSIVE MEGA gym, with a guy who though he says he has 14 years of experience in BJJ never mentions his rank. I also find it odd for a guy with that lengthy a time around BJJ and MMA that I have never heard of the guy if he has been in NC for a while.

I would have to say if MMA/BJJ is what you are looking for Crossfit is going to be a MUCH better bang for the buck. But I also have a feeling that place is more marketing and current trend/fad marketing and will no doubt have a fight team up and running inside of 8 months of opening up.

I'll be honest, and I am a big skeptic, that's no mystery here, But I think I smell BS.

Author:
CT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:52:37 11/04/08 Tue

Agreed Neal. The gym and marketing may get a group together, but competing with Team ROC will be tough. Jason, Mr. Billy and the group at CF are top notch.

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:58 11/04/08 Tue

Below is directly from the website and IMO seems to be taking aim at local competition. I would like to know who the world class instructors are?

what do we teach?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers we teach REAL Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and Self-Defense.

Our kickboxing is world class, our wrestling is world class, and our submission grappling is world class.

Why train kickboxing at one gym, jiu-jitsu at another gym, self defense at another gym... when you can do it all at MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now don't confuse us with other "MMA" gyms... most gyms that claim to teach MMA are really just grapplers that fight.

What do I mean by that?

There are many incredible jiu-jitsu grapplers that have never done a day of formal kickboxing in their life!

And they have such a confidence in their martial arts style, that they are willing to fight in MMA competitions - yet have never trained with proper coaching in striking.

So now in their own gyms, when they are preparing for their fight, they engage in sparring sessions... what sort of quality striking can you expect?

To each their own... I have no problem with that... my problem is when these same guys start advertising themselves as Mixed Martial Arts schools... well, it is not MY problem... it is YOUR problem if you join up with them!

Mixed Martial Arts, or fighting in general, can be grouped into three areas:

1) Striking (i.e. kickboxing)

2) Takedowns (i.e. wrestling)

3) Ground Grappling (i.e. jiu-jitsu)

Sadly, most "MMA" schools are severely lacking proper training and credentials in all three groups...

You may find a head instructor that is a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu black belt but has no credentials in kickboxing or wrestling... or you will find a gym with talented strikers but no jiu-jitsu black belt present... or often you will find a "MMA" school that doesn't have an expert in any of the three areas I just described! A jack of all trades but a master of none!

At MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers we strive to provide our community with the most effective and efficient martial arts training available.

We improve our student’s lives through safe, fun and efficient instruction.

We will improve their physical fitness and provide the mental and emotional support necessary to reach your fitness and training goals.

At MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers we offer Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, KickBoxing, Karate, Judo, Wrestling, Tae Kwon Do and much more...

Our classes are taught in a friendly environment where we value, skill, smarts and sportsmanship over strength or brutality.

Members can expect a great workout, and look forward to acquiring valuable skills that will benefit all areas of life.

At MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers we value the "Art" in Mixed Martial Arts and look forward to offering you the ultimate workout experience.

The benefits associated with MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers are numerous.

If you are looking for an exercise that combines total body conditioning with variety and increased calorie burning potential, then MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers is perfect for you.

[> [> Subject: Re: MMA Cross Training Center?

Author:
Rick (WTF)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:13 11/04/08 Tue

Hmmm……who could he be talking about……? I did think his disclaimer of “It’s not my problem, it’s yours if you decide to join up and train with them” was adorable. His chi sounds strong.

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:21 11/06/08 Thu

I wonder where we fit in his blanket statements about mma? We have decent kickboxing and a BB teaching BJJ. BUT we certainly dont have anyone in any area that is world class.......unless I do like those guys and just decide to decree a couple guys to be world class level.

I mean seriously, WORLD CLASS?

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:20 11/07/08 Fri

We don’t have any World Class Olympic Level instructors…and I doubt he does either.

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:15:54 11/07/08 Fri

Actually I retract my earlier statement. I DO feel I could be close to world class at sarcasm. Does that count?

Author:
CT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:01 11/10/08 Mon

I can vouch for Billy and Jason, they are world class in a lot of things. Many of those things scare me a little, but world class none the less.

Author:
Twister
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:57 12/02/08 Tue

This shit cracks me up. There are so many knuckle head "MMA" schools popping up it is about to make me sick. If these guys don't think the guys at Team-ROC are world class then why do we win at every level of competition. Don't think we have world class Kickboxing? Take a kick from NEal or Brian. Don't think we have world class wrestling. Hmmmm wonder what you would call coaches from NC state and UNC?

I am all about someone marketing their crap and pumping up the sport. They will fill a school full of affliction wearing morons who believe the same hype they pump out until they meat us in competition and we kick the crap out of them. So thanks for giving us practice dummies.

Author:
Teddy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:05:31 12/05/08 Fri

There are those who can't afford our level of quality, but don't forget: You are your most important investment.

If a facility is cheap than just like everything else, you will get what you paid for! The best is always worth more and cost a little more.

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers BUT ARE STUCK IN A CONTRACT WITH ANOTHER MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL and/OR FITNESS FACILITY?

Not a problem. Ask for a photocopy of your contract, bring it to us, and we will credit you the cancellation fee or whatever months are left on the contract up to $100 towards your registration with us!

NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM TRYING US OUT!

This come from the website. Their level of quality must be pretty good for those insane prices they got.

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:23:13 12/05/08 Fri

They advertise "if you can tap us out, or out box us, then you get 3 months of free training".....They sound really desperate.

Author:
billy d
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:42 12/14/08 Sun

I did notice on the website that they were quick to point out how most MMA gyms are lacking in some skill sets.How ever,I also noticed a lack of a fight record for both the instructors listed.As a matter of a fact on the bullshido forum one of the instructors states that he has only competed a few times(not MMA).So I guess with the vast amount of MMA experience between the two instructors,we can expect some great fighters to be coming out of this place.
My favorite part of their site is on the bottom of the instructors page.Keep in mind,they have two instructors who look pretty young in their pictures.
Services that we offer:

ATHIADA-AGNI KEMPO-AIKIDO-AIKI JUTSU-AMRICAN FREE STYLE KICK BOXING-KEMPO KARATE-AMESTERDAMS -VECHTEN-AN YING KUNGFU-ANKATAHRI-ASHIHARA KARATE-ATEMI-ANTI TERROR KAMF-AMERIKAN KEM TAE DO-AMERICAN GOSHIN DO JUDO--DACHENQUAN (YIGUAN)-DATU RYU AIKI-JUJUTSU--DANS DE RUE-DEGERBERG METHOD-DIOULA-DOCE PARES-DRUNKEN BOXEN-DUMOK-DAITO RYU-DARAGON KUNGFU-GATKA-GENSEI RYU KARATE-FULL CONTACT KARATE-GUMA-GO TI-GOJU-RYU KARATE-GOSHIN JITSU-GOSOKU RYU KARATE-GREAT RUSSIAN-WRESTLING-GLIMA-GOSHIN AIKIIJITSU-GOSHIN TATSABAKI-BAJITSU- JAILHOUSE ROCK (52 HANDBLOCKS)-JENDO - A-JEET KUNE DO-JING QUAN DAO-JOFU FA-JOGO DO PAU-JOJUTSU-JUDO-JIJUTSU-JUNG SIM DO-JI DO HO SHIN- MA SOOL-MACULELE-MAENPO CIKALONG-MANDE MUDA SILAT-MARMA ADI-MASAKI RYU-MASSAI-MAYOLE-MEYTHARI-MI TSUNG I-MIENCH`UAN-MIXED MARTIAL ART-MIZO INCHAI-MK GAR KUNG FU-MONGOLIAN WRESTLING-MOO DOO-MOO DUK KWAN-MOO GI GONG-MSHIINDI VITA SAANA-MUAY THAI-MUAY THAI KICK BOXING-MUKNO-MY JHONG LAW HORN-MY JONG LOHAN-MUAY BORAN-MANO MANO-MARINA CORBS-COMBAT SYSTEM-- ---CAPOERA-CAESTUS-CANNE DE -CATCH WRESTLING-CELTIC WRESTLINH-CH A CH UAN-CH O CHIOA-CHA QUAN-CHA YON RYU-CHANG CHUAN-CHANG QUAN-CHEBI GAD-CHI HSUAN MAN KUNGFU-CHIN NA-CHITO RYU KARATE-CHOI KWAN DO-CHOW GAR-CHOY LI FUT KUNGFU-CLOSE DEFENCE ART-CORNO BRETO-CUONG NHU-CHIN NA-COMBAT KARATE- FAN TZU-FANZI QUAN-FENCING-FIVE ELDERS KUNK FU-FONG NGAN-FU JYA-FULA--PA KUA-PA KUA CHANK (BA GUA ZHANG)-PACHIGI-PAK MEI-PAMOR SILAT-PANACHE-PANANANDATA-PANANJAKMAN-PANATUKAN-PANCRASE-PANKRATION-PENJAK SILAT-PEUL-PILA-PIQUA QUAN (AXE-HITCH CHUAN)-POC KHEK-POEKOELAN TJIMIN TULEN-PREYING MANTIS (TANG LANG CHUEN/TANG LANG PAI)-PUKULAN-PURRING-PANAN JAKMAN-PANGAMUT-T-T`AN TUI-TAE SOO DO-TAEKWONDO-TAI CHI CHUAN-TAIDO-TAIHOJUTSU-TAIJIQUAN-TAIJUTSU-TAKENOUC RYU JUTSU-TANG LANG PAI-TANG SOO DO-TAPADO-TEGUMI-TENJIN SHINYO RYU-TESSEN JUTSU-THANK-TA & SARIT-SARAK-THODA-THUGGEE-TI T`AND-TJAKALELE-TJIKALONG-TJIMANDE-TJIMATCHAN-TJINGKRIK-TJIOELR-TJIPADANG-TJIWARINGEN-TOIDE-TROPA- THE PATH-TSUI PA HSIEN-TUKONG MOOSUL-TURKISH OIL WRESTL-NG-TIGER KUNGFU-TANTO JUTSU-TAT KUN TAO-THE DOMINATION-TAI FU JITSU-IAIDA-IKAKU RYU JUTTE JUTSU-INBUAN-IRISH COLLAR AND ELBOW WRESTLING-IRISH CUDGEL FIGHTING-ISSHIN RYU KARATER-ITOSU RYU KARATE-IFCM-LA BOXE FRANCAISE-LA LUTE FRACAISE-LANCASHIRE WRESTLING-LAU-LAU GAR KUNG FU-LER DRIT-LIGAR KUNG FU-LIMA LAMA-LIU-HO-PA-FA KUNG FU-LIU HE KUNG FU-LIU HO CH`UAN-LO HAN CH`UAN-LUA-LUCHA DEL PALO-LUTTE BRETON-LUTTE PARISIEN-LUTA LIVRE--NABI SU KUNG FU-NAE GONG-NAGINATA-DO-NANBU DO KARATE-NATIVE AMERICAN WRESTLING-NEIKYA-NINJUTSU-NITENICHI RYU-NORTH COUNTRY WRESTLING-NOBA STICK FENCING-0KOL-OTISH MOS-QIGONG-RATU ADIL-RAUFEN-RETSUKEN RYU-RINGEN-ROSS-ROSS PERFORMANCE-ENHANCEMENT SYISTEM-S-SADO –MU-SOOL-SAGASA & HAGIBIS COMBAT-SALDU-SAMBO-SAN HWANG PAO CH`U-SAN JITSU-SAN SHOU-SANDA-SANKUKAI-SANSHOU-SAPPO-SARJAN-SAVASU-SAVATE-SCHWINGEN-SCOTTISH HIGHLANDER-FIGHTING-SEIFUKUJUTSU-SEKIGUCHI RYU JU JUTSU-SELEMBAN-SERAH (SERAK)-SHAOLIN-SHIDOKAN-SHIN NO SHINDO-SHINTAIDO-SHINTO YOSHIN RYU JIU JUTSU-SHITO RYU-SHO BAYSHI RYU-SHOGERIJUTSU-SHOOT FIGHTING-SHOREI RYU-SHORIN RYU-YABUSAME-YARI JUTSU-YAW YAN BUNO-YAWARA RYU-YIQUAN-YOSEIKAN-YOSEIKAN BAJUTSU-YOSEIKAN BUDO-YU-SOL-YUDO-ZANJI SHINJINKEN RYU-ZEPOTA-ZULU STICK.

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:01 12/14/08 Sun

Everyone knows there's a huge demand for: IRISH COLLAR AND ELBOW WRESTLING & IRISH CUDGEL FIGHTING....

Author:
Teddy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:36:57 12/14/08 Sun

Dont forget the amazing JAILHOUSE ROCK (52 HANDBLOCKS), or the ROSS-ROSS PERFORMANCE-ENHANCEMENT SYISTEM-S-SADO

Author:
Kelvin Hunt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:01 12/15/08 Mon

Wow.

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:49 12/15/08 Mon

These guys are lethal.

Author:
Rob
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:23 12/15/08 Mon

I say any place that teaches Turkish Oil Wrestling is legit

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:06 12/16/08 Tue

I wonder if I managed to tap that guy out if I could translate my 3 months of free training to cage time for my guys fighting? Mr. Dowey would you care to take a field trip with me?

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:26 12/16/08 Tue

Tough Guys (WannaBees)...

YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED...

It is funny because I have two reasons why I started MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers.

1: One of my clients is the C.E.O of Oak Grove Technologies and they Sponsor fighters such as Chuck "Iceman" Ladell, Forest Griffin, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, Cain Velasquez's and allot of other UFC fighters and Matt Majors from Tap Out who just happens to train here (MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers).

It is funny because I have actually went out to dinner and stuff with some of these guys and others in the UFC and they are great ambassadors for the sport.

So I had a great interest in this sport besides the boxing side of it, but I was not sure yet, even after they kept picking with me to open MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Cross Training Centers.

2: What sealed it for me was about two months ago I went to a friends birthday party and I saw a guy with an Affliction t-shirt on and I asked him real nice if he did any type of MMA, and this guy gave me a look like I was suppose to run for the hills and then when I was about to ask him a question he just turned and walked away from me.

It is funny because the C.E.O of Oak Grove Technologies told me a similar story when he was at a UFC event he was trying to say hello to a potential fighter to sponsor and the guy just snub him off but soon as this person found out who he was then he wanted to suck up then and of course he did not get signed with Oak Grove Technologies.

I have had the pleasure to have meet some of the great MMA fighters and they are so down to earth and it is the Tough Guys (WannaBees) who mess it up for the guy that would like to try MMA but is to intimidated to start because of people who think they are tough but have nothing to show for it.

SO IF YOU ARE A TOUGH GUY (WANNBEE) OR THINK THAT YOU ARE TOUGH, WELL YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE!

*- Woooohh hold on Neal...do you and Billy think that you are tough?....because if so, they have decided that tough people aren't allowed. Only people who think they are not tough can train there.
**Important Info**
*- This guy has gone out to dinner with actual UFC fighters...WOW!
*- If you're wearing an Affliction shirt at a party, he will come and tell you that he has gone out to dinner with UFC fighters...Double WOW!!

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:08:38 12/18/08 Thu

The guy said he used to go to Garner and train back when Carlos Lemos was around. Billy, how long was Carlos around? I never trained with him and I remember he was here and then went back due to some visa troubles.

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:48 12/20/08 Sat

This was apparently on the site (The MMACTC) after some debate began about the place over on Bullshido.com. Couldnt see it on the actual web page so I c&p the dude who copied it from the original. Looks interesting..............

My name is Rick Harper and I Own and Operate (MMA) Mixed Martial Arts Cross Training Centers.

First and foremost let me apologize for the way that I worded my website for I had no intentions to disrespect any organization or anyone.

I did not realize that what I was doing was downgrading or disrespecting another type of establishment and or person.

On December 2, 2008 I received an e/mail (Click To Read) from Billy Downey from Crossfit a Team Roc School as well as a Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

After reading the e/mail I called Mr.Downey to apologize for the way that I worded my website and we ending the conversation talking about getting together and Mr.Downey coming to visit my place.

I also asked him to let Jason know this also.

I have personally never met these men and I have nothing bad to say about them and I admitted to Mr.Downey that my wording was wrong and it was quickly removed off the website.

But today I received an e/mail that was very disturbing.
I was informed that a threat was against me from a website BULLSHIDO.NET from the user name SOUTHPAW:

“If you didn't do the website, maybe you should tell the owner to shut the fuck up before he gets the shit kicked out of him. By the way...I know who he is too as I used to train in a facility that he owns (though thank god not under his cardio-boxing bullshit).”

I did not know that this was the way that people of MMA handled issues and this is why MMA will continue to have a bad name because of people like SOUTHPAW.

I just do not understand why a grown man or very little boy with deep insecurity issues who seems to know me can talk such very disturbing and hostile trash but yet seems to know where my place of business is located, hum sounds like a talker Tough Guy (WANNABBE)!

I hope that he doesn’t think that he can do it…

A threat has been put on me and now I have to be ready for a Tough Guy (WANNABBE) that seems like he surely has nothing to loose.

To threaten to provoke bodily harm to some one that has not done anything personal to that person is a very sad display of how MMA will always be viewed as a monster brutality sport and not viewed as the art and skill that it takes to prevail in the sport.

It is a good thing that I personally train the people in power positions because I sent all of the information to them.

We also called the local authorities and the internet crimes division of Raleigh, NC concerning this matter and sent them the IP address of SOUTHPAW to the authorities.

We also contacted via e/mail, phone and snail mail the Internet Harassment Division of the FBI Charlotte Division, with the complaint for BULLSHIDO.NET and the Username: SOUTHPAW.

I have also sent e/mails to Godaddy.com who is the domain register of BULLSHIDO.NET, and I have sent e/mails to BULLSHIDO.NET.

I did not realize that what was on my website has caused such an out cry of emotions and once again I apologize for being ignorant to the respect that is deserved in the MMA industry.

Marketing is what I am good at but I did not mean to step on toes and I truly did not research enough in this field to understand the respect that your field deserves in the realm of MMA.

This is a business and I have treated it like a business without understanding the position of how the MMA world works and for that once again I am truly sorry!

I built this place to let Jason Brinn run and control but I did not think about how my marketing differs from what Jason Brinn and you the MMA consumer feels about MMA and that is truly my fault.

I have changed allot of things on the website to tone down any negative remarks that was not intended to degrade and or belittle any other facility or person.

We have allot to prove in this area of MMA and we are open mined to any and all suggestions that you mite have.

We just hope that you will give us a chance and forgive me for my ignorance in this matter, for Jason Brinn is not at fault it is me.

Thank you,

Rick Harper

Author:
Billy D.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:24 12/20/08 Sat

I can only really think of one more thing too say about all this.WOW!

Author:
Neal Weaver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:11 12/20/08 Sat

Hmmm, I guess I mis-understood the actual nature of the guy who owns the place. He contacts the F.B.I.? in the next lines he talks as if he would whip the guy? Its like he cant decide what to do.

The actual post taken in context, is NOT a threat. It was a reply to something Jason Brinn had said. Also, MMA has a bad name, but boxing (the thing that I think mr. Harper does know about) is sterling?

I am also curious as to who all the power position people are? Does this guy train Senators or something?

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:29:21 12/21/08 Sun

Seriously, anyone who has not read the thread at Bullshido.net should, it's funny shit.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78545&page=14

Author:
Teddy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:00 12/21/08 Sun

Easy there Rick, someone could send the F.B.I on you for saying stuff like that

Author:
Rick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:27:16 12/22/08 Mon

hahah I know, the internet police are out in full force on that site right now.

Author:
Rodney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:55 12/23/08 Tue

I call bullshitto.

This guys is so typical of people who "kinda" know something about the Internet. The moment some random dude talks trash in a forum post they are getting IP addresses and contacting the FBI. All his post does is cement the facts that...

1. This guys is full of shit from head-to-toe.
B. He is clearly ignorant of trainer respect and the proper use of the English language.

Anyone can put up a website and lie about their credentials... anyone can threaten investigation when called out in a forum... anyone can be a dumbass. Mr. Harper needs to shut up and get lost before he ruins the gym he "built".

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.