VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, Apr 01 2002, 6:53:55
Author: Adelaide
Subject: Revelation for me

On Easter Sunday which was yesterday, I was talking with my mother and step-grandmother about the spunks which seem to infilitrate Cambridge City Council and especially Youth Services.

The last one I really fell in love with: his name was Bill and he was such a kind man. He loved M and Ms and his heart and soul was in advertising.

The bombshell fell. He said he was interested in reading my books (this was August 1997 and I was in my second year at Cambridge University) and he said also that he would get his wife to do it.

My mother and step-father eventually found out that he couldn't read and write but for a few words. HE HAD IT ALL IN HIS HEAD, all these advertising details! And he got his wife to read EVERYTHING for him.

Bill is highly intelligent, and we might have employed him if there was something free. Very shortly after that my family's desktop publishing business collapsed.

But now my step-father is doing contract work for the Arts Newsletter, and that's how we got to meet 6 foot 2 inch tall Sebastian. I run into my mother's office and say to her later on, "Well, isn't he a spunk."

When I heard Bill couldn't read or write I sat absolutely still, even as my cousin Moriah was playing around. Now that was a hidden impairment of the first rank!

Adelaide

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.