VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, Apr 05 2002, 21:25:16
Author: Andy
Subject: Re: how does dyslexia affect you
In reply to: Sara Fillingham 's message, "how does dyslexia affect you" on Fri, Apr 05 2002, 15:42:21

hi Sara

Wow what a question to answer. Maybe difficult because I don't have the knowledge of what it would be like without dyslexia! I think many doors are closed due to one's dyslexia. At the same time other doors have been open perhaps that aren't open for people without dyslexia. So a mixture of losing out on things and gaining other things.

Although dyslexia has caused me many difficulties and very painful times I'm proud most of the time about my dyslexia and think it's a gift really. It just doesn't always feel that way though!

I guess it is hard work to move forward in life with dyslexia and I certainly don't like seeing others pained about their dyslexia difficulties. Perhaps I also think I would appreciate more recognition to ensure dyslexic people have the opportunity to participate with society.

Not sure whether this answers your question however I've tried and hope people can understand.

Take care, Andy

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.