VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, Apr 06 2002, 0:32:20
Author: Andy
Subject: Re: how does dyslexia affect you
In reply to: Sara Fillingham 's message, "Re: how does dyslexia affect you" on Fri, Apr 05 2002, 23:51:49

hi Sara

hope you don't mind but I had a little laugh after seeing your message! Because as soon as I sent my last message my thoughts I should have answered in the way you spelt things out more specifically. So perhaps you did ask the right question 1st!

It certainly sounds very much like many people with dyslexia experience I wonder if you have "dyspraxia" as well! Have you considered this? There is so much in common with the symptoms of AD/HD, dyslexia and dyspraxia.

I have a physical impairment CMT (type of muscular dystrophy) so I can't catch things to save my life either! However I do have very poor short term memory. I also find it very difficult to remember peoples names! Isn't it embarrassing when someone comes up to you in the town and greets you like a long lost brother or sister and you can't think who they are! Well that's the sort of problem I have!

yes I often use wrong words and get things very muddled up at his very much a symptom of dyslexia. My dyslexia is very severe I can't write a shopping list or anything without using my voice recognition software I find this so valuable however it takes a lot of getting use to.

However I must point out again while I have many difficulties I think I have the quality skills that more than compensates 4 that which I can't do well.

Take care, Andy

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.