VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, Apr 14 2002, 14:36:13
Author: Chris
Subject: Memory

Hi Everyone

I would just like to say that Microsoft are in a very dangerous place because they have got on to my black list (for 291210921th time.)
The reason why is I've got an old DOS program that needs more that the DOS maximum of 640kb to run. Normaly this would not be a problem but in Windows ME it is because Windows ME has disabled the EMS expanded memory field on the DOS window proprieties box. After searching the web for many days I found a way to put this right. But the program still would not even though I set EMS to auto and also tryed it on many other settings but still no. Then I reilised that EMM386 was still not installed so EMS memory still wouldn't work anyway. If anyone out there could help me with this stupid Windows ME computer (without telling me to switch operating system, because this is a notebook PC and they work a little differently so the operating system is fine tuned in the factory or somthing like that to cope with the way they use the system resorses.) Anyway as I was saying if anyone could help me with my EMM386 with Windows ME please respond to this.

Bye from Chris.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.