VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:30:28 07/28/07 Sat
Author: Lisa Everetts (mixed)
Author Host/IP: oh-76-5-239-19.dhcp.embarqhsd.net / 76.5.239.19
Subject: Setting the Record Straight-a Message from Joanna to fans

I am a personal friend of Joanna Cameron's, and I just got off the phone with her, and I felt that with the release of the "Secrets of Isis" DVD, that it should be cleared up as to why you won't see Joanna on the special features.

Yes, she was approached to be a part of it, but there seems to have been a lack of communication in the process of getting her on the special features. She never said she would not be a part of it, infact she very much wanted to be a part of the DVD. It has been said about the money being an issue, but what people don't understand ...especially outside of the entertainment industry...is that being an actor/actress is your job. That's what you are paid to do. It is being an artist...but that your work isn't a painting, it is a tv show or a movie, but that is "you" and your creating a work of art. So, it is not fair to actors/actresses to expect them to put their art out there, but don't expect to get paid for it.

Joanna has 2 businesses that she runs in Hawaii, and for her to leave her business...even for a brief amount of time, it was extremely hard to do for her, to get away. Plus, she works in jobs where she is surrounded by buisness people, who are saying to her...this was a show you put your heart and soul in to it, and you should be paid something , and I think that is totally a legitimate thing to want. There are so many actors/actresses that get absolutly no money from the shows they spent years working on-and that was what they made themselves known for, and they earned that, they worked themselves to death, and then they have nothing to show for it in the end. As a fan of alot of older shows, it outrages me to know how taken advantage of-the stars are.

Joanna got out of the entertainment business because of the way people are treated within that business.. And, I personally can't even comprehend the enormous amounts of pressure that are put on actors/actresses...and the work they do is so time consuming and so demanding...but all the public sees is the "image" of them...they don't seem to look at a celebrity as being a normal person at all.

I was a fan of the show, and I think that Andy Mangels did a fantastic job on everything and that he put way more special features on it than I have ever seen in any DVD release. The interviews they did with Brian, Joanna Pang, and Ronalda Douglas were lengthy and they got alot of time to talk about the show. The behind the scenes pictures were a great addition, and over all the DVD itself is really well done.

Joanna would have liked to have been on it, if she could have been a part of the whole process she had every intention of taking proceeds from the sale of the DVD, and she would have donated money to several of her favorite charities. She highly supports the families of our military.

Joanna is grateful to have been a part of a well respected show. She is thankful to all her fans for their support, I am sure she would love to hear from some of you. It never hurts to remind a person when they did a good thing in their lifetime.

Joanna did do the VH-1..Where are they Now? episode, a few years back, so at least fans have had an opportunity to see what she looks like now-which she still looks great, and they know what she's doing in her life.

She is very happy that people are saying good things about the DVD.

Joanna put her heart and soul in to the show, and she did a fantastic job, if she hadn't, it wouldn't have been the most popular Saturday morning show-of it's time-that is proof that people respected it and loved it.

I personally think it was one of the best shows ever made. As, I watched the clips of the "Morals"...it took me back to my childhood...and the nostalgia of that period in my own life, and the people in my life at that time who I miss dearly...and if a TV show can do that, that in itself is amazing. I think in this day and age where you see no messages anywhere directed towards children ...we need that in today's world more than ever....you can see it in the kids today. They need role models so badly, and the entertainment industry today is setting a horrible example for kids to follow.

So, when I see Joanna saying things to children on that show...like...don't do a dare and do something stupid, be brave enough not to do the wrong thing, and don't play with guns, and be respectful to others, and to your parents, and don't judge people based on their skin color, and women can do any job a man can do....those are things that need to be taught...there are so many kids out there in the world that need guidance to do those things, and need taught right from wrong, and it can change people's lives if they have a person in their world showing them the right direction.

I know it, because I had role models like Joanna, and became a part of the Big Brother/Big Sister program, and other organizations to make sure I passed on what was taught to me by somebody, and I will be forever grateful to Joanna for her role in my life in that way. I am honored to be her friend.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.