VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:16:03 07/28/07 Sat
Author: Shazam Forever!
Author Host/IP: ip24-250-200-158.ga.at.cox.net / 24.250.200.158
Subject: Long explaination, but I'm not getting the "message"?
In reply to: Lisa Everetts 's message, "Setting the Record Straight-a Message from Joanna to fans" on 18:30:28 07/28/07 Sat

Maybe I just missed it, but did the people putting this together approach Joanna and say "hey, how about being a contributor to the extras on your old show for no money whatsoever" or something like that? Did Cutler, Pang and Douglas do this for nothing? I'd imagine that some monetary compensation was offered but it wasn't to her liking as I can't imagine that those who did participate would do it for free.

As far as her being in Hawaii, didn't Joanna Pang have a crew go to her house to film her segment for the extras? I'm sure that could have been arranged for the show's main star as well if her present work was getting in the way of her ability to travel for the show's cause. And I certainly don't blame her for not being able to get away to participate if that was the entire problem.

Now I don't claim to know J.C. so I can't speak to the particulars that caused this to occur. But after reading this long explanation, I still find myself asking "why did the others find the time to make contributions to the DVD set while J.C. didn't"? In the end, it seems like there was a disagreement in compensation terms moreso than scheduling, especially if the film crew would be willing to travel to Hawaii for sit down time with J.C.

I just think that it leaves all fans of the show a tad disappointed about the whole project even though it appears to have turned out pretty well with the contributions of the other stars of the show and people like our own site administrator who actually did answer the bell and did everything in their power to put as much into the project as they could so it would turn out as well as it has.

We're still fans mind you, but we can't help wonder 1) what could have been and 2) why couldn't this still get worked out in time to make sure the show's main star was involved too?

Peace!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.