VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:06:51 08/01/07 Wed
Author: Lisa
Author Host/IP: oh-76-5-239-19.dhcp.embarqhsd.net / 76.5.239.19
Subject: Re: My two cents
In reply to: Mary 's message, "Re: My two cents" on 23:08:02 07/31/07 Tue

It isn't just a total of 6 hours of work when you have to fly from Hawaii to California, especially when you have 3 other jobs. I am sure people did want to meet her, and wondered where she was. She left the business over 30 years ago. Her co-stars said they never really got to know her because she had to go off and change costumes, and do hair and make up, and she didn't have the down time like they did. She is very guarded, and she is some what of a loner, she's an only child, but she is a nice person.

Personally...I have never understood the desire to be famous, because everyone thinks they know you, by seeing you on TV, and the person those people are on TV...isn't anything like what they are like in person.

When I was at a Comic Convention with Joanna...there was another really well known "superhero" there, and he was so rude to people, he was rude to my son, and he was charging twice as much as anybody else to get a photo with him, and he was a big gumpy jerk. I wouldn't have wanted to give him the time of day. Then sitting beside me...there were 2 actresses...one was older and one was younger...and they got in to a fight over who had more guys in their line for them...and the older one wanted the younger one moved somewhere else, because she thought she was stealing all her "male fans". It is a horribly mean, and competitive business...you think about it...what do those people have going for them over anybody else?? Because there's alot of pretty faces out there...so they do everything they can to call attention to themselves. So, after seeing all that....when we went to dinner that night with Joanna, there was an older actor...who was from a hit show...from long ago, you would never have known who he was, if you saw him out somewhere, he was eating dinner by himself, and Joanna went over and told him he was welcome to come sit with us. But, he was getting ready to go to his room, but he said thank you, he appreciated the offer. She signed lots of stuff for people, and never charged them anything. Plus, she calls me on my birthday, for Mother's Day, for every holiday...so I know how nice she is in real life, so that's why I don't want her to get treated badly when people don't know the whole story, and what I have said on here...doesn't cover everything, but at least people don't think that she just deserted them.

My friend knows Yvonne Craig really well, and she is a really nice person.

Anyway...like I said before...what's done is done.

Mary, how did the Comic Con go...did they sell alot of copies? Did you go to the question and answer thing...did you talk to the other cast members? Did you meet Andy Mangels? Did you take pictures?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.