VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:35:06 11/11/07 Sun
Author: Ken
Author Host/IP: adsl-75-25-180-26.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net / 75.25.180.26
Subject: Re: Setting the Record Straight-a Message from Joanna to fans
In reply to: Lisa Everetts 's message, "Setting the Record Straight-a Message from Joanna to fans" on 18:30:28 07/28/07 Sat

>this was a show you put your heart and soul in
>to it, and you should be paid something , and I think
>that is totally a legitimate thing to want. There are
>so many actors/actresses that get absolutly no money
>from the shows they spent years working on-and that
>was what they made themselves known for, and they
>earned that, they worked themselves to death, and then
>they have nothing to show for it in the end.

I totally agree with your point that Joanna should be appropriately compensated. I'm just sad that an agreement couldn't be reached so that Joanna could be included in the DVD.

>Joanna would have liked to have been on it, if she
>could have been a part of the whole process she had
>every intention of taking proceeds from the sale of
>the DVD, and she would have donated money to several
>of her favorite charities.

I can understand that they had a small budget to work with. However, I think they should've come up with a compensation plan whereby Joanna could receive a percentage of the profits from the DVD sales. If they had to raise the sale price of the DVD by a couple of dollars (or even by $5.00) to include Joanna in the DVD, I still would've bought the DVD. I think most loyal, die-hard fans of the show would also spend the extra money to buy the DVD.

>Joanna did do the VH-1..Where are they Now? episode,
>a few years back, so at least fans have had an
>opportunity to see what she looks like now-which she
>still looks great, and they know what she's doing in
>her life.

I never saw the VH-1 Where Are They Now? episode. But I found a photo of Joanna from that episode on the VH-1 website. Here's the link to Joanna's photo on the VH-1 website:

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="http://www.vh1.com/photos/gallery/?fid=1475595&pid=1535011">http://www.vh1.com/photos/gallery/?fid=1475595&pid=1535011</a>

The VH-1 website also has a couple of video clips from that episode, featuring Eartha Kitt and Lou Ferrigno. Unfortunately, they don't have any video clips of Joanna.

>Joanna put her heart and soul in to the show, and she
>did a fantastic job, if she hadn't, it wouldn't have
>been the most popular Saturday morning show-of it's
>time-that is proof that people respected it and loved
>it.

I was 8 years old when Isis was on TV in 1975. Joanna was my first celebrity crush. Joanna did a fantastic job playing Isis. I loved the show, and I'm glad to be able to see it again on DVD.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Setting the Record Straight-a Message from Joanna to fans -- Pier Lombardo Braghirolli, 13:24:00 01/09/08 Wed

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.