VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:37:29 01/05/09 Mon
Author: Site Administrator
Author Host/IP: bluecoat.berea.edu / 192.68.112.136
Subject: Re: Joanna C. and interviews
In reply to: Lisa 's message, "Re: Joanna C. refused to grant an interview" on 15:01:08 12/29/08 Mon

Lisa, thanks for reminding Gene that I did, indeed, get an interview with Joanna Cameron, which is still posted on the website.

To answer your question, I wasn't "on-staff" as far as the DVD release was concerned. Andy Mangels was pretty much the guy that BCI hired to put things together. Joanna and I had corresponded semi-regularly before the DVD release happened, but we fell a little bit out of touch. She had mentioned a book idea/project she was interested in getting started (nothing to do with Isis), but I think the last time I acutally spoke to her via phone was prior to the DVD set being announced.

I have spoken via phone with both Joanna and Mr. Mangels and both seem to be as nice as can be. Although I wasn't beind paid anything by BCI, I did speak with Mangels several times and provided various bonus materials to him to use on the set (many of the morals on the DVD set were dubbed from tapes in my personal collection, or obtained by me personally from Joanna Pang), so he and I spoke several times about the project.

Most of what he had to say about the subject of trying to get Joanna to do an interview has been covered previously. Andy would have no reason to lie to me, so I believe his account of events. Maybe there were some crossed wires/misunderstandings, or maybe Joanna thought that BCI was holding out on "fee money", who knows?

Also, maybe Joanna felt that with her interview on the website, her piece on VH1 and her various convention appearances, that she's really said all that she needs to on the subject. Maybe she got really busy with her career or other things going on in her personal life? It may have been a difficult time for her to open a window in her schedule to accomodate a video crew? I know that her phone availability the last few times we spoke was pretty much limited to evening hours, the best I can recall.

Bottom line: we should all be grateful that there are even DVDs available at all (especially considering BCI will be closing its doors), and that modern-day interviews with ALL of the main cast members are available in some form or another (whether on the DVDs or on my Unofficial Site).

I much more regret I was unable to make contact with Terry Lester (Ark II) and Tamara Dobson (Jason of Star Command) before they passed away.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.