VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:53:07 07/02/08 Wed
Author: Gene ((confident))
Author Host/IP: ont-static-208.57.94.57.mpowercom.net / 208.57.94.57
Subject: The 2nd Season was not as great

I have just finished looking at the new ISIS DVD for the first time. I was 10 years old when it came out back in 1975-1976. So that means ISIS was very special to me. I was able to "suspend my disbelief" which means I believed what was happening on screen was real at . ISIS lived in my heart and mind.

I loved that super-long hair straight black hair that went down below her waist. Of course she has that nice micro-mini-dress, goreous legs and go-go boots. I love to see her fly and her skirt and hair wave in the wind in the first season.

However in the second season I think think producers made some very poor decisions. First of all they took ISIS down from the wires they used to make her "fly". Then, through special effects all she had to do was stand upright on a stage and the camera or film would be turned horizonal to show her flying. From doing that, you all may have noticed that her skirt while flying in the 2nd season no longer hugged her body when flying but it stood away from her hips in a perfect circle because she was standing straight up on a stage. They made it even worst by not filming her directly over a background above the clouds, but they filmed a "film" of her over another film. It gave her a two-deminsional look. I did not like that at all.

That long silky straight black hair down to her hips was over with too. Now she had a curly a hair job that only reach to her mid-back. Still pretty, but not as much. That hurt her beautiful image just a tad for most people.

The Producers did not bring back "Cindy Lee" (Joanna Pang Atkins) in the Second Season. Mrs. Pang explained what happen in the interview she made on the new dvd. Pang said that after the first season they had some time off. So she went back to New York. When it was getting time for them to start filming again, she was waiting for a phone call from the producers asking her back. That phone call never came. She called her agent in California (that's were I am) and it took 2 days for him to find out anything. He basically told Joanna Pang, that producers have decided to make a change in casting for the new season. Pang said that it was a fancy was of saying that they don't need you anymore. In my opinion they did need her. She was replaced by the character "Renee Carroll" (Ronalda Douglas). She may have been a good singer and more, but she was no replacement for the cute and lovely "Cindy Lee" who we had grown so attached to in the first season.

The music and sound seem to have suffered too in the 2nd season. They changed the begining theme music to ISIS. In the first season the sound seemed always to be in perfect sync with the picture and put in just the right scenes. They had terrifc dramatic music when something was happening in the series that was dangerous or wrong, during the first season.

Sure enough, you can have all the excuses in the book, but the 1st season was a full season. The 2nd season only lasted 2 months.

I am not knocking the 2nd season totally. I am just saying the the 1st season of ISIS was noticable better than the second season.

Sincerely Gene

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.