VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:11:36 05/23/11 Mon
Author: David F
Author Host/IP: domain.not.configured / 192.195.230.10
Subject: Re: JoAnna a victim of Hollywood abuse?
In reply to: North of the Border 's message, "JoAnna a victim of Hollywood abuse?" on 03:32:58 02/17/10 Wed

North of the Border:

Thanks for posting that. I think what you’re saying is pretty much applicable to all actresses who have had to do steamy nude scenes. I read the Natasha Richardson interview. I notice she does speak of feeling “defiled”, but then she backpedals and says something to the effect of oh well, that’s the demands of cinema art, etc.

I think the backpedaling is the saddest part, and an indication of the brainwashing that Hollywood inflicts on performers. It sounds as though some part of her felt it was wrong, but she’d probably been indoctrinated with so much B.S. about “artistically” portrayed sex and nudity. It indicates to me that there is something about the character of the movie industry that wears down on the inner values of a person. I think there’s an “everything’s OK” attitude in the entertainment industry, and a presumption that if you have a different view than you must be a – dare one even say it – a prude! You might pose naked, but to be labeled a prude would be the ultimate worst. It’s really a crazy system of values.

Yeah, I hear the argument some would make for a case like Joanna Cameron, that she was legally an adult and says herself it was OK. Even there, one might argue that just because the participant doesn’t feel defiled, that still doesn’t mean she wasn’t defiled. Suppose you had a friend whose husband or boyfriend was physically abusing her, and she said, “It’s OK, really. He has his reasons. I’m fine with it.” You’d probably tell this friend, “I don’t care if you’re OK with it. It’s wrong and you SHOULDN’T be okay with it!” Why couldn’t being asked to do degrading nudity in photography or acting be the same way?

I tried to watch the Carson appearance on You-tube, but apparently it’s been removed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.