VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:49:19 12/07/11 Wed
Author: David Fentress
Author Host/IP: domain.not.configured / 192.195.230.2
Subject: Re: The 2nd Season was not as great
In reply to: Gene 's message, "The 2nd Season was not as great" on 23:53:07 07/02/08 Wed

Gene,

I agree with many of the things you point out, though I'm less bothered by it. And in fact there are a couple of things I like even better about the 2nd season.

I too missed Cindy Lee. It does sound insensitive -as well as groundless - how the producers handled her dismissal. However, I liked the Rennie Carrol. In fact, I think she had more character really. But Cindy Lee sure was cute. I wish they had kept them both.

I actually liked Isis' hair with more body and curl in it in the second season, though she was certainly attractive either way.

As for the lesser number of episodes: yes, it may have been standard procedure as the site administrator pointed out. But it was unfortunate, I agree.

That being said, I felt the quality of the stories and characters were just as good in the second season as the first, maybe even a little better.

You might be right about the flying effects, and the sound quality. I re-watched all the 2nd season recently (first time since the 70's!) but have only re-watched a few of the first. So I haven't observed it as closely as you have.

But there is one thing I liked decisively better in the second season: the musical score. Not so much the opening theme music, but various pieces of background music played during the show. I liked the music from the first season too, but I liked the new music from 2nd season better. In fact, I rented the 3rd disc from Netflix first, precisely because I wanted to hear it. (I had noticed the same change in Shazam, the new music being in its 3rd season.) But in either season, it's wonderful music that matches the innocent spirit of the show. Either score brings back wonderful memories of my childhood in the 70's.

But I'm in agreement with you that's it's all good.

David

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.