VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:01:27 07/27/07 Fri
Author: Site Administrator
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 71.31.30.125
Subject: Re: Order Sequence of Morals In Bonus Section?
In reply to: Eric 's message, "Re: Order Sequence of Morals In Bonus Section?" on 13:43:46 07/25/07 Wed

"This kind of brings up a question concerning the absence of any Season 2 morals. Are we even sure that there were morals shot for Season 2 to begin with?"

The reason there are no season 2 morals on the set is that BCI couldn't find any collectors who had off-CBS copies of season 2 shows.

I'm pretty certain morals were recorded for season 2. It was produced concurrently with season 3 of Shazam, and the Shazams all had morals on them.

I have a dupe from 16mm of "Seeing Eye Horse", but the moral had been edited out of that print. All other fan copies of season 2 that I was ever aware of came from British broadcasts.

The reason that so many season 1 morals exist is thanks mainly to Joanna Pang. Back when the show was airing on CBS, she had a friend record them for her (on Betamax) so that she'd have copies of her work. I transferred them for her to VHS (and later DVD) in recent years and she loaned the original Beta tapes to BCI for the DVD release, and I loaned them the materials that I had. Naturally, Joanna didn't have her friend record any of the episodes in which she did not appear, which only makes sense, especially given the expense of videotape back in the mid '70s (about $10-15 for a one hour beta tape, I think).

The rest of the morals came from other CBS copies or a handful of 16mm dupes. Regarding the edited 16mm of "Horse." I've seen 16mm copies of some of the season one shows with missing morals, too.

The ONLY hope I hold out for a season 2 moral turning up is if they were left intact on the rare British PAL home video. I'm still waiting to receive a copy from a fan to evaluate its contents. Pity he didn't mail it early enough that it could've been used for the DVD sets (if it indeed had any morals to begin with). Since the tape was released in the '80s (before Hallmark trashed the films), there IS a chance that at least the moral for "Seeing Eye Horse" might be out there...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.