VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:36:09 07/28/07 Sat
Author: Lisa Everetts (mixed)
Author Host/IP: oh-76-5-239-19.dhcp.embarqhsd.net / 76.5.239.19
Subject: Response to ...more information

Sorry, I didn't explain the whole process as well as I should have. I have both sides of the story-because I know Andy Mangels too, and I do know that he did make attempts to get her on the DVD....that's why I am saying that there was a lack of communication on both parts in this whole process. Because Andy was under the impression that Joanna was calling him back, and Joanna was under the impression he was calling her back, and in the process.. nothing ever came to be. And that's the whole story. She wanted to be a part of it...but yes she did want paid...the others were not paid...(from what I know personally). That is totally up to the individual. You can't fault each person because of each one making different choices. Every person's life is set up completely different. I think it is fantastic that the other cast members went and did the San Diego convention and did the special features. But, on the other hand what Joanna Pang says on the DVD...about why she didn't return for the 2nd season...they left her hanging...she didn't have a clue why she wasn't coming back, and nobody had the decency to call her up and tell her why...she had to track her agent down, and then she gets the whole "we are going in another direction". Now, when you know you did a good job, and the show is a hit...and then you get dumped...with no explaination, because you know you didn't do anything wrong...that's not right.

Is it right when you know some how somewhere someone is making money off your face, and your work that you busted your butt on ..15-16 hours a day, and you get nothing out of it? I don't think anybody out there would do their job for free and sit there and watch your boss make money off of you, and you say..oh well, nice for them. It is a no win situation to be in...because people that are looking out for Joanna...are saying...don't be taken advantage of...they are making money, why should you do it for free...and there she is right in the middle....wondering what is going on, and nobody calls her back.

She works now just as hard , believe me...she is one of the hardest working people I have ever seen in my life, she dedicated to everything she does, and she is not dwelling in the past, she has since moved on and has a whole new life, and now everything from her past is coming back around again, and suddenly back 30 years now to a different time in her life, and it is hard for people to understand...why didn't she do it....she wanted to...it just never happened to work out....she did offer to even video tape her own portion and send it to them...nobody ever said if that was ok to do, so she is nowhere to be found. And, I just don't want people getting the wrong idea about it.

I think the DVD is well done, I am not putting it down in any way...I just wish they could have worked something out with Joanna. If I personally would have known that any of it was about money...and someone would have told me...I would have paid them myself to get her there, because of what she has done for me and what she has meant to me, but what's done is done, and it's made and out there,so just enjoy the fact that you can see it without static and you can show it to your kids, and maybe her legacy as a Superhero will be appreciated by a whole new generation of kids.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.