VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:06:42 08/10/07 Fri
Author: Andy Mangels
Author Host/IP: c-76-105-222-239.hsd1.or.comcast.net / 76.105.222.239
Subject: Re: Response to ...more information
In reply to: Lisa Everetts 's message, "Response to ...more information" on 22:36:09 07/28/07 Sat

>I have both sides of the story-because I
>know Andy Mangels too, and I do know that he did make
>attempts to get her on the DVD....that's why I am
>saying that there was a lack of communication on both
>parts in this whole process. Because Andy was under
>the impression that Joanna was calling him back, and
>Joanna was under the impression he was calling her
>back, and in the process.. nothing ever came to be.

I just want to be very clear here. My last conversation with JoAnna (with my boss on the second line as well) ended with her saying "I'll think about it and call you back Monday." When the end of the week arrived and we hadn't heard from her, my boss called and left a message. I called AT LEAST three more times over the next several weeks and left messages, being told by JoAnna's co-workers that she was "unavailable." My boss may have left more as well, but he's now at a different company so I can't ask. I may have left more as well, but don't recall.

I even went so far as to find a film crew 20 minutes from JoAnna that would have filmed her at home or work, thus not requiring ANY travel or ANY missed time at work. Two of the messages I left were to that effect.

So, after at least four messages were left (possibly more), and JoAnna being "unavailable" no matter when I called, and JoAnna herself saying she'd call us back, we concluded that she was not interested.

I truly wish that JoAnna could have been on the set, and did everything I could possibly do to make it happen. For whatever reasons JoAnna chose not to become involved, it was her choice, and I have to respect that.

Best,
Andy Mangels
www.andymangels.com
www.wonderwomanmuseum.com
Member, International Association of Media Tie-In Writers

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.