VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:48:53 08/13/07 Mon
Author: lamplighter
Author Host/IP: user-69-73-49-248.knology.net / 69.73.49.248
Subject: Re: Response to ...more information
In reply to: Lisa Everetts 's message, "Response to ...more information" on 22:36:09 07/28/07 Sat

>Is it right when you know some how somewhere someone
>is making money off your face, and your work that you
>busted your butt on ..15-16 hours a day, and you get
>nothing out of it?

>...and she is not dwelling in the past, she has since moved on and has a whole new life, and now everything from her past is coming back around again, and suddenly back 30 >years now to a different time in her life, and it is hard for people to understand...why didn't she do
>it....she wanted to...it just never happened to work out

As they used to say back in 1977, when this show was popular (and JoAnna was unknowingly turning myself and milions of other adolescent boys into LEG men--haha!)...RIGHT ON!!!

I appreciate BCI releasing the DVD, make no mistake. But let's not kid ourselves. They wouldn't be doing it if there was no profit to be made now or later. If JoAnna C. did not participate because there was no compensation available, then the company should have offered a percentage of the profits, period. Put out a better product, namely one that includes the main star, and you'll sell more DVD's. Raise the price a buck or two per copy. All of us die-hard fans who are looking this up 25--30 years later are going to buy it. Do you think an extra couple of bucks is going to turn us away?

If she did not participate for reasons of privacy or it just didn't fit with what she wants out of life right now, I find that acceptable as well. That's how I've lived my life, and I have very few regrets. What right does any of us have to ask her to do anything against her wishes?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.