VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:14:30 05/14/07 Mon
Author: Ron Lee Green
Author Host/IP: ACC0324C.ipt.aol.com / 172.192.50.76
Subject: Re: Any chance there's a "Shazam" episode in the extras?
In reply to: Shazam Forever! 's message, "Any chance there's a "Shazam" episode in the extras?" on 00:55:09 05/14/07 Mon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my basic understanding of the Shazam and Isis copyright issues to help put things in perspective:

Shazam and Wonder Woman are both owned by Warner Brothers. That is why they were able to include a Shazam bonus episode with the Wonder Woman set.

However, I heard that 3 episodes of Isis with Shazam as a guest star can and will be included on the Isis dvd set.

Isis is currently owned by Entertainment Rights.

Shazam started out as a DC Comic Book character before the TV show, as did Wonder Woman. DC Comics and Warner Brothers are both owned by the same company.

Filmation did not create the character of Shazam. They obtained the rights for the TV show.
On the other hand, Filmation created the Isis character, so that is why Isis is not owned by Warner Brothers.

DC Comics did do a comic book of Isis, but I think that came after the TV show. DC Comics obtained a license from Filmation to do an Isis comic book, much in the same way that Filmation obtained a license from DC Comics to make a Shazam TV show.

This is my general understanding on the issue. Again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.