VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:13:23 05/21/07 Mon
Author: Site Administrator
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 71.31.30.125
Subject: Re: The Morals
In reply to: Eric 's message, "Re: OFFICIAL: The Secrets of Isis DVD Announcement" on 17:03:57 05/20/07 Sun

>>Rare Footage: Morals, Commercial Bumpers and
>>Alternate Credits
>
>Well that settles the question on whether they still
>exist or not on the master tapes, and I would imagine
>that surviving 16mm copies in the collectors market
>are being used for these bonuses.

As one of the people who supplied morals footage to BCI for this release, I can confirm that the morals came from a WIDE variety of sources, and that they are including every moral that they (and people like myself in the "collector's" circles) could track down. There are morals from VHS, Betamax and dubs from 16mm transfers.

I will again stress that it is NOT the fault of BCI or Entertainment Rights that the morals are no longer existing. If you want to blame someone, blame Hallmark, the company that is not only responsible for this editing, but for also junking the original 16mm prints in the first place (and only doing PAL transfers, as well).

>I would have
>preferred just splicing them back into the episode
>despite varying source quality

It wouldn't surprise me if that's what Andy Mangels WANTED to do, but I do know that Entertainment Rights are rather fussy about licencees splicing-in stuff that doesn't exist on their masters, particularly when that material is of inferior picture quality. That is why the reconstructed end credits on the Freedom Force episodes don't play until AFTER the E.R. "endboard", instead of in what I'd consider its proper place, which would've been BEFORE it.

Since the commercial bumpers weren't spliced back into the episodes on Ark II or Space Academy for the same reasons, I always suspected the morals would only be available as bonus features. Count yourselves lucky, though: most of the larger video labels wouldn't even CONSIDER using "off-home video" footage on their releases.

There are some other "surpises" in the supplemental footage, it seems, as some stuff I submitted to them isn't named specifically, but I KNOW it was expected to be there (perhaps as one of the easter eggs).

>but since that's not to
>be, let's just hope there's a fair number available
>for viewing.

If what I was told is right, MOST of the the first season morals will be on there (I think the final tally was somewhere around 13 of them). NO second season morals were ever located, however. They DID try to get the best picture quality they could out of them on their budget, though. I know I trusted them with my master tapes of the ones I have so they could use the best possible source.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.