VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:33:23 05/23/07 Wed
Author: Site Administrator
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 71.31.30.125
Subject: Shazam!
In reply to: Shazam Forever! 's message, "Hey Admin, do you know if Shazam suffered the same fate re: 16mm" on 19:51:21 05/22/07 Tue

No, since Warner Bros. took possession of the SHAZAM episodes, they did not suffer the same fate as the other live-action properties.

The episodes that were shown on TV Land in recent years are obviously in NTSC rather than PAL. I have old circa-1980 recordings of episodes, and there is on "PAL-speedup" on the Shazam episodes as seen on TV Land.

As to what elements still survive, that is really anyone's guess. Knowing WB's history, I'd say the original 16mm is probably still in their vaults, but who really knows for sure?

As for SHAZAM morals: in the first season, the episodes originally did NOT contain them. It was Jackson Bostwick's idea for them to be added to the show, and a film crew went back and shot all 15 of them in a single day later (perhaps during production for season 2) and they were added to the reruns. Hopefully, WB contains all the elements for the "most complete" copies of the season one shows, and not just the original "moral-less" ones. I know last year, WB claimed there were some "master issues" with Shazam! Your guess is as good as mine as to what this means, though.

One thing I noticed on the TV Land airings versus the original CBS: there were alternate versions of the ending credits! I've seen different background footage on the TV Land airing of a particular episode versus the CBS airing, though all the footage is of the motor home driving around.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.