VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:18:28 06/04/07 Mon
Author: Site Administrator
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 71.31.30.125
Subject: It's not too likely...
In reply to: Robert 's message, "Will I Love You ever be on dvd" on 03:55:27 06/04/07 Mon

B.S. I Love You isn't a likely candidate for DVD for several reasons:

1. it never even rated a VHS or Beta release in the past
2. it's got a very "dated" feel
3. it's not considered a good movie (I've seen it. It's pretty bad)
4. no major stars, unless you consider "Radar" from M*A*S*H a major star.
5. although rated R, it's pretty tame compared to today's standards (so couldn't really market it to the Porky's crowd)
6. has had VERY little airplay since its original release. It's been on TMC and Sundance(?) in the last decade, but that's about it.

Add to the above the fact that even when it WAS shown on pay cable, they always have (bizarrely) used a censored "edited for TV" version that has been shorn of what little profanity and nudity it contained. When you throw away those, what little appeal the film had (for many, probably the prospect of seeing "Isis" topless) vanishes.

ALL THAT SAID, although an official release has never occurred, I purchased my uncut copy of the film from one of the old "dub services" several years back. I had to pay a "membership" fee to keep them legal (suposedly), but at least I have an uncut viewing copy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.