VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:43:30 02/04/07 Sun
Author: Keith (Nostalgic)
Author Host/IP: 12-226-176-88.client.mchsi.com / 12.226.176.88
Subject: Re: Reliving Saturdays with Ark II Set
In reply to: Lee Stiles 's message, "Reliving Saturdays with Ark II Set" on 17:39:20 12/29/06 Fri

Ark II was one of my favorite shows. My family was poor and we could not afford very many toys. I made my own Ark II from a bright orange Tonka truck, some Lincoln Logs for skids and a G.I. Joe jeep for the rover. I would play with these makeshift toys and had many fun adventures. When many of the older TV shows began to be released, I began searching for this series. I could never remember the name of the show, but I did remember the sleek, futuristic vehicle. Yesterday (at the age of 37), I went to Best Buy with a friend. He was visibly embarrassed as we came upon the box set and I let out a childish cheer. I watched the episodes with the eyes of a greatly changed person and realized the seeds of my liberal leanings were planted at an early age.

Many aspects of the show are different from how my mind remembers it. For one, I could have sworn that the Ark II had a rubberized middle-section that allowed it better maneuverability. I also thought I remembered more storylines, a 1-hour show, and actual weapons. Then again, I did have an active imagination as a child.

It was this show that led me to buy a Big Trak, a Merlin, Rubik's Cube, study computer programming, and become the programmer I am today. Words cannot adequately express the way I feel, having located a friend from my childhood and found them well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.