VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: September/October 1982 first cruise after Falklands

Author:
Graham Garratt (Happy)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:37:42 04/10/16 Sun
In reply to: Debbie Cartwright 's message, "September/October 1982 first cruise after Falklands" on 11:50:22 03/21/12 Wed

I too was on that cruise and was one of the children "press ganged" into the mock school lesson for John Craven! From memory we sailed from Southampton and through the Bay of Biscay (very rough) and docked in Cadiz for a trip to Seville. Then through the Straits of Gibraltar to northern Italy and Livorno for a trip to Pisa. Then on to North Africa and Tunisia. After that I believe we went to Dikili in Turkey, then on to the beautiful island of Santorini ( I remember the steps!!) and finally on to Athens in Greece before flying home. I was 15 at the time and was with the guys from Blue Coat School in Coventry.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: September/October 1982 first cruise after FalklandsWanda14:53:29 11/03/16 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.