VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: SOA - School Office Assistant

Author:
Viv Fox
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:47:24 11/04/04 Thu
In reply to: Gordon Johnston 's message, "SOA - School Office Assistant" on 05:03:36 11/14/02 Thu

Great to find this site. I was SOA on Nevasa Feb-Apr '74 and Uganda May - Jul '74. Had a great time. Captains cocktails were great, We regularly tried to beat the record for the most G and ts in the 20 minutes allowed. Think I got to 24. Not a record though. I made great friends with Simon Littlewood. Bright bloke who went to Oxford to do something like Classics - sadly lost touch. There was Greville Rimbault, headmaster. Got into trouble for streaking past his cabin. I don't know what possessed me! Most of the crew seemed to be alcoholic and couldn't get out of bed without a shot of whisky. There was always the smell of curry from the Indian section of the ship - wonderful aroma.
I was priveliged to have the opporunity during my gap yearand all the fond memories of lots of lovely people and trips. Would be pleased to connect with anyone else, especially those who may have shared a cruise or more with me.
Viv

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: SOA - School Office AssistantAnita Armitt (was Hazra)12:38:42 04/11/12 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.