VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: County of South Glamorgan 093 17-29 Nov 1980 SS Uganda

Author:
Peter Howells
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:13:16 04/13/08 Sun

I was on this cruise with pupils from all over south wales schools,leaving Cardiff by coach to Gatwick to catch my first ever flight to Split in the old Yugoslavia.
We then embarked the `UGANDA` and then sailed to Itea for Delphi, then sailed for what seemed the longest two days through a storm and loads of sick bags !! to Alexandria in Egypt.
Suffered a very hot three hour coach drive to Cairo to see the amazing Pyramids and museum also my first encounter of terrible poverty.
We then sailed to Cyprus in which captured my imagination and this Island has become my favorite holiday destination.
Then onto Antalya in Turkey to have my `Shoes` cleaned and watch the girls get chased by the local male turks !!.
We then sailed to Kos- very pretty island then !.
Then our final port of Athens, went to the Acropolis and a tour around Athens before disembarking for our flight back to Gatwick on a Skytrain Freddie Laker DC-10 and slept all the way back !!.

I was in Group Y and my dormitory was `Marco Polo`.
I made friends with Michael Mcgonicle and Christopher Plant.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: County of South Glamorgan 093 17-29 Nov 1980 SS UgandaLouise00:20:32 05/26/08 Mon
Re: County of South Glamorgan 093 17-29 Nov 1980 SS UgandaAlistair Moor21:52:06 06/26/11 Sun
Re: County of South Glamorgan 093 17-29 Nov 1980 SS UgandaAlison (Wow!)14:01:54 08/04/11 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.