VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:26:18 09/26/16 Mon
Author: Jon
Subject: What Happened ?

This was certainly a very active discussion forum 12 to 15 years ago when I typically visited several times per week. Life circumstances change, other priorities arise, and I probably haven't tuned in here for at least a couple of years until I thought about doing so today when I had a few spare moments.

This forum is just a ghost town now. I remember that several of the regular participants died during the past few years but what happened to everyone else? Did the various Bonanza forum feuds that were always taking place back then chase everyone away?

Good to see that one member I recognize from many years ago (SWC) is still around....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: What Happened ? -- SWC, 10:58:50 09/26/16 Mon [1]

I still visit from time to time. I recorded most of the episodes from the era when all four Cartwrights were together, which is my favorite period of the show. I was doing a series of articles on the history of the Old West, primarily based on the time-life books and what I could find on the internet. These days I'm mostly doing sports-related articles for another website. I still come back here for a little break from time to time.

I agree that there used to be a lot more posters here and some interesting discussions. As you say, life goes on and priorities change. I also think that Bonanza was not seen on the airwaves for years and suddenly it was available so a lot of people came to the site to discuss it. Maybe if the site were broadened to discuss TV Westerns in general.....

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: What Happened ? -- PiperRose, 06:59:14 09/29/16 Thu [1]

I'm relatively new and have been reading the old posts. It does sounds like this was a majorly active place; I hate that I missed out.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.