VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Miss Teen Canada Globe Scam? Feeling Unsure.

Author:
Sarah
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:27:15 09/01/11 Thu

I was recently accepted into the miss Canada Globe Pageant. Im required to pay 3000$ as an application fee. The Pageant seems real, I got my interview, and I've seen videos from previous pageants, but before I go paying the application fee, I'd like to make sure its not a scam.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Really? Scroll down. sheesh (NT) Christi00:16:01 09/02/11 Fri
If you are unsure - that's your FIRST clue NOT to do it... (NT)Sissi09:21:20 09/02/11 Fri
Sarah - my advice would be to apply for Miss Universe Canada. I think the cost is about the same, and you're guaranteed a much more legitimate pageant experience. Yes, MCG is real in that it actually happens - but I've only heard bad things. (NT)ECP11:18:48 09/02/11 Fri
Canada GlobeP.A11:31:22 09/02/11 Fri
MUC is less - MTCW Is Less.. actually I think most other pageants cost less & you get more They dont giveyou swim wear shoes opening number dress It ends up costing a lot more then $3000 with this pageant there are so many other charges on top of $3000 and their production vaule is the lowest. I mean I know show costs and that show costs nothing they put 3-4 girls in a hotel room! MUC and MTCW puts 2 girls in a room They apparently charge you for the photoshoot - They even make you bring a gift for a auction to raise money ... for nothing Not a chairty its just a way for the pageant to make money and the list goes on. It is not a very good production its the longest slowest pageant I have ever see...lasting 4-5 hours! Anyhow you can not say its a scam becuz they give you what they say they will... but the reality is its just not worth the money. You get nothing,.below there is a post from a girl that just entered saying how bad it was. (NT)Michelle18:40:10 09/02/11 Fri
MCGP is not a scamTeri20:36:45 09/02/11 Fri
Does anyone find it strange that the pageant was a few weeks ago NONE of the new winners are on the website? I think the issue is more on a grand sceme of the pageant experience not did the winner get the cash prize. In general the contestants dont get anything for the 3000 not even a gift bag - many pageants give ALL the contestants gifts. I believe they do give the cash prize although others here have said they did not get it I have not heard that. But they do make the girls pay a "a commitment Fee" of 500$ when they win lol which is not normal. And they do have a history of Dethroning Girls. And they lost a lot of the International Franchises (NT)Michelle23:08:54 09/02/11 Fri
Ok I am not sure how many different ways we can put this but Miss Canada Globe is run by a man named Jeremias Pilar who poses as Mias Pilar and claims to have won the title of Miss Canada Globe 2002/2003 HOWEVER Miss Globe did NOT have a representative at the pageant from Canada...(s)he bought the crown and sash and gave her/himself the title...there was no national pageant! in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. There were photos on the website of 'winners from 2001 and 2002 HOWEVER they were photos stolen from facebook with fake names put under them, when it became public all of a sudden the photos were gone...I saved screen shots :P The entire pageant is based on a lie, the 'founder' is a fictitious person! $500 commitment fee? that's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, no wonder they dethrone so many girls, its $500 profit every time they do! (NT) Christi13:54:48 09/03/11 Sat
From the Miss Canada Globe Website (I guess the winner didnt want to fork over $500 for the 'privelege' lol)Notification: Vanessa Littler who was the proclaimed First Runner- Up for Miss Canada Globe 2011 originally, elevated to the position of Miss Canada Globe 2011, as the proclaimed winner resigned from the position, Vanessa Littler has signed the contract as a First Runner- Up which gave her the official status of Miss Canada Globe 2011/ 2012 Title. (NT) Christi00:46:56 09/24/11 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.