VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: 1916 Elgin 12s grade 301

Author:
Kevin B
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:20:44 07/14/11 Thu

I looked up the serial number of a watch I recently inherited from my granfather, but actually originally belonged to his father. The SN is 19558018 and my question is about the dial face... I can't seem to find any info about it or find any other dials that look anything like it. It is a quite exquisite dial comparitively to the other offerings around the same time. The numbers around the dial all face inward towards the center, unlike most that read the numbers in an upright fashion. There is a very pretty 'scrolling' two-tone design that weaves around the face and in between the numbers. The second hand is cut out over the '6' and the minutes read in black around the outside of the dial. Does anyone know anything more about this? Was it some type of custom dial? (It does have the Elgin name on it though) Is there some type of dial catalog/database?

By the way, the case is also a Philadelphia Watch Case Co. Crown case (guaranteed 25 years!). Beautiful design on the case with an engraved 'B' initial for the family surname. The watch is beautiful, I just want to know more about it!

Kevin

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: 1916 Elgin 12s grade 301Mark10:45:39 08/17/11 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.