VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:12:29 12/08/14 Mon
Author: Andy
Subject: Looking for track for a 1970 Snow Cruiser model 200

The track is 15 inches wide and about 121 inches long and has steel cleats. I'm also looking for the front and rear sprockets, for mine are very worn and chipped and I think that is how I blew my old track for it came off the front sprocket and added too much pressure, than bang off it came.

If nothing than does anyone have experience building a track. I was thinking of using 2-ply conveyor belt $90, U-channel steel from Pempco Steel in Pembroke for $75 and 3/8 rivets from Ottawa Fastener Supply for $25. Do you think that this would be better than to use a 44-year old track or would I be wasting my money?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Looking for track for a 1970 Snow Cruiser model 200 -- Tom (TnT Tom), 20:28:59 12/08/14 Mon

Hi, how a brand new track sounds like ? I had fix an old Snow Jet and planning to do it on my Snow Cruiser... 1st : buy a new Camoplast #9755t ( Ski-doo Olympic, Elan,...) 2nd get a front axel (or a complete machine !)from a olympic 1975 or newer, with bogie wheels (slider is wide sprockets) the axel is the right with... after install... and enjoy your machine for an other 40 years !!! Tnt Tom, 819 876 7235 day (info or parts !)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Looking for track for a 1970 Snow Cruiser model 200 -- Andy, 23:32:40 12/21/14 Sun

I got a new track, and the old front sprocket teeth are chipping off very easily, thus I checked online and this is common for it is quite old and I should replace them. I've been checking online and the Kimpex part number is 04-102 and costs around $40 in Canada. In the US it costs just about $25 and our current dollar is 16 cents on a dollar. I don't like to order from the US because the customs and shipping kills me. Once I bought $98 worth and it cost me $78 extra just to get them which was purchased from Parts Reloaded. But the prices in Canada suck. Does any one know where I can get the part I need for a fair price. I'm getting a little frustrated here...

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.