VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:37:03 09/09/03 Tue
Author: Chip
Subject: Pemi Loop

Saturday was a fine day for the Pemi Loop. I've wanted to do it since finding it on Mohamed's Website. Leaving at 6:40, I arrived at Bondcliff @ 9:00. Clouds covered the Franconia's & Washington. Just as well I couldn't see the upcoming hills. Two hours latter I was at Galehead. The section descending S. Twin took over 30 minuets. How I hate the down hills! The most difficult section is from Galehead to N. Lafayette (2:50). Only steep in a few sections, it lacks water for most of its length. It does not lack for roots, rocks, and mud. You're not on the Wilderness trail anymore! There were relatively few hikers from Guyot to Lafayette, but plenty on the Ridge. With most of the vertical done, the ridge is a fun section. The first 1/2 of the Osseo was another knee banger. The last 3.4 miles of Osseo/Wilderness Trails were just nice easy running. Out at 6:05. Dinner at Elvio's and drove home to CT, arriving at 0:30 Sunday. A long day into & back from the hills. Mohamed- do you know any other nice long trips? I've done the Mahoosucs, Presi Traverse, Wapack, Monadnock-Sunapee GT, and Carters/Wildcats. Perhaps something in the Sandwich Range. Me has a few nice sections too.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.