VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:46:18 03/25/02 Mon
Author: Aaron Schoenberg
Subject: Re: Bushwhacks to peaks with trails
In reply to: Mohamed Ellozy 's message, "Bushwhacks to peaks with trails" on 23:57:29 03/24/02 Sun

I am very much interested in two bushwacks you listed. One the bushwack to Reddington from South Crocker as that I believe will be my approach to Reddington. As I have climbed all my Maine 4,ooo footers in the 70s and have to go back for Spaulding & Reddington. But will probably have with me new peakbaggers and I figured I would do Crocker, South Crocker & Reddington & down to Caribou Road with a car shuttle as a day hike - feasible?

Two, I was interested in the bushwack from Bridalveil Falls to Coppermine col - but how bad a bushwack is it? It once was a trail according to the White MOuntain guide of 1946. Does anyone know why the trail was discontinued?

Third, a short bushwack following an abandoned trail that I missed and wanted to follow is the trail from the Mount Garfield Trail to Garfield Pond. What kind of shape is that bushwack? Has anyone tried that bushwack?

Fourth, unrelated, does anyone know where I can post hike reports of 13 trips and roughly 80 hikes in New Hampshire. I have led thirteen annual trips to peakbag mountains in the Whites - almost exclusively following trails. I have kept detailed records of my experiences and now am compiling, maps, charts, pictures and written trip records of these treks starting back in 1990. I would assume someone might find this information informative and useful in planning their own trips and hikes in the Whites.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.