VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:27:44 06/20/04 Sun
Author: CWest
Subject: Presi Traverse - pretty much did it all.

After having to bail out miserably last year due to high winds on Jefferson gotta do a little bragging this year. Friday, with an iffy forecast, started up Madison from Pine Link with my brother, Jonathan and my Labrador, Sam. Jonathan bailed after the Madison Summit/Hut with knee pain and went back down Pine Link to the car, cursing the route selection (Pine Link is rough) the whole way down. Weather stayed just barely clear the whole day. Sam and I went on to get JQ Adams, Adams, Sam Adams, Jefferson, Reagan-Clay, Washington, Monroe, Franklin, Eisenhower, and Pierce. Went down the far side of Pierce with Jackson and Webster in mind but at Mizpah hut my feet had had enough with the darkness coming on so Sam and I went down the the cutoff to Crawford Notch. I'll take 11 out of 13 and call it a traverse - Jackson and Webster weren't named for Pres's anyway - that's what I keep telling myself. Sam was a champ but 48hrs later now he and I are both still moving rather slowly. Tough footing/pawing all day long took its toll but it was worth it. Epic day.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.