VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:02:31 10/06/04 Wed
Author: Nate
Subject: Mount Mendon

Having just read the Mendon Peak trip report, what I was wondering is about how far mileagewise the cairn at the trail's hairpin turn is from the trail head at Brewer's Corner? The description simply says this point is 1:40 in, which doesn't help since no pace is specified. Should I assume the writer was going at the conventional mile an hour (which seems a little slow for walking along a fire road)? Further, having looked at the Delorme map for the area, I saw that this trail makes two sharp turns in close proximity to each other. Is the hairpin turn with the cairn obvious? Also, from the cairn, about how much further is it to the herd path that the author used on his descent? Is it obvious from the trail, or is some dead reckoning and luck involved with connecting with it? I would really appreciate any further information regarding how to access this peak.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.