VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:17:41 11/29/04 Mon
Author: Nate
Subject: Taming Elephant
In reply to: Nate 's message, "Elephant Mountain" on 10:13:40 10/12/04 Tue

For anyone who's claimed the southwest peak of Elephant, how does one reach it from the northeast peak? I ask because I made an attempt on Elephant over the weekend, and I was able to get as far as the latter peak (or so it seemed, because I found a tree that bore a blank sign, a ring of light orange surveyor's tape, and plastic rings that seemed to have formerly held a canister) before it became prudent to turn around. Since the mountain was in a cloud, even climbing a tree wouldn't have revealed where the mountain's true summit was, and wandering around a bit failed to yield any indiction of where it might be. Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated, especially in what direction I should have headed in once I was facing the blank sign. Also, if Elephant is supposed to be one of the rougher bushwhacks, how does it compare to Scar Ridge? Does Scar simply have larger groves of impenetrable pines?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.