VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:23:59 10/01/06 Sun
Author: Derek
Subject: Re: presidential in a day...
In reply to: prana 's message, "presidential in a day..." on 07:30:22 06/20/05 Mon

Depending upon your conditioning, and carrying only the bare essentials in a light day pack, I would say yes--but it'd be a long day. Bring a water filter and bottles, as you'll likely be getting thirsty over the course of the day. And some food; powerbars and such for energy.

You may need to hitch a ride back to your car at day's end, because you'll surely be on the last raggedy end of exhaustion.

I've considered it, have planned for it, but haven't gotten up that way since I've made up my mind to attempt it. My first go at a half traverse found me pushing too hard with a pack far too heavy, and on a rather hot day a few weeks back. Fatigued, I retreated down the Nelson Crag Trail, down slick rocks, through a nasty nest of yellow jackets that stung my exposed calves, and bugged out early. I pounded the Tuckerman Ravine Trail to the summit of Washington and probably lost about 15lbs in sweat, depleted all of my water, and caught sight of the Visitor's Center from the top, then craned my neck to the south and saw visions of home.

I'll pull it off. It's getting cold up there now, though. I don't want my name on any memorial plates at the summit, though.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.