VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:18:24 08/01/11 Mon
Author: Mark Godin
Subject: Presidential Traverse - 2011

Completed the short version of the Presi traverse on 7/31/11. Left Dolly Copp at 7:30am and ascended the Daniel Webster Scout trail to Madison and also took the Star Lake variation from the hut up Adams which was very enjoyable (and challenging). Highly motivated to summit Washinton because I was craving a hot dog with mustard! From Lake of the Clouds to 302 via Crawford Path - it does get long at the end and I developed a little hip flexor pain from all the descending. Total time was exactaly 11 hours for 19.8 miles. Oh - did I forget to mention that my wife decided at the last minute not to go and provide my shuttle service? First time I have hitched in about 30 years! A very nice couple, the Lanes from Jackson, NH gave me a ride up 16 to Dolly Copp and saved my hide. -Mark Godin, South Hamilton, MA age 58.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.