VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 27 2017, 8:01:50"
Author: -
Subject: Very few of the families I know can afford to fly somwhere different every week for a feis. Looking at the calendar, there is the Pacific Belt and McAleer right before/after the AIO. If I had....
In reply to: DM 's message, "Melbourne school" on Mon, May 22 2017, 22:35:52"

If I had those two on my doorstep, I would not bother with the huge expense of flying to QLD for the AIO and I can truly see a TC saying to their families, go if you want to but it's just a feis and we have great ones right here in VIC.

It would cost over $1000 for two people for the weekend with flights and accommodation alone. Not to mention taxi's, hotel priced food, comp entry fees. Not everyone has $1500 to blow on a feis. I say good on a TC who tells their families that they don't have to go. Too many put pressure on kids to do every single feis, no matter how they may be struggling. Parents only want the best for their kids so they sacrifice so that their kid isn't the only one missing out.

It's just dancing people, so what if one or a hundred dancers don't go. I know we care a lot about dancing when we are in the thick of it, but really, it's nothing, just a kids pass time where everyone involved spends an awful lot of money for not much return on their investment. Missing one feis is not going to damage a child in any way, I promise you. Go to the feis if you want to or stay home if you want to. In the end the world carries on regardless.

Just to add a note to this already long post...Don't listen to gossip about other people because it is mostly wrong and like a game of Chinese Whispers, gets more and more distorted the more it is spread. I once had someone ask me something about my daughters school that was crazy, it was like "Is it true that your teacher says you must x before you can do y and if you don't she will z". Ummmm NO! Who knows how many people had been spreading this ridiculous story, but it was completely untrue.

I am not saying that TC's may not guide their dancers away from certain feis's. TC's forget that many children know dancers from others schools and even go to "normal school" with dancers from other dance schools and small children talk about what their TC tells them. Some TC's do tell lies to their kids and I have first hand knowledge of it. So heads up to TC's as well.

Dancers tell lies about their supposed friends as well, making up stories about other dancers to try and make them look bad and ostracise them from their friendship group. This is usually fuelled by jealousy and can be very damaging to a young dancer.

I give these examples to prove a point. Spreading stories here, in class, in the waiting room etc is damaging to everyone. It may be super juicy gossip to you, but please remember that it is a real person you are harming by spreading stories with a twist to make someone else look bad and whilst you are rubbing your hands with glee and loving the drama of it all, another human being is being damaged by your actions. Just turn the table in your mind for a moment and think how you would feel if you were the victim, how would you feel?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+9
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.