VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, May 28 2017, 15:12:28"
Author: Milton Baar
Subject: Some thoughts...
In reply to: DM 's message, "50th anniversary" on Mon, May 22 2017, 9:24:32"

I am very happy to see the 50th Anniversary celebrations are in full swing and the events at nationals this year will be a wonderful showcase. Until recently, I photographed most of the people mentioned in the earlier posts, but since my own daughters started dancing 20 years ago, I had often wondered about the dancing stories of the TCRGs and ADCRGs that we all grew to know over time.

This anniversary is the opportunity to celebrate those who are now seen by dancers as older TCRGs or ADCRGs, and to celebrate their achievements which are only listed in the back of the program at Nationals. I wonder how many dancers today, let alone 15 years ago, had any idea of the accomplishments, triumphs and friendships forged so much earlier?

Those people who are now or were recently Vice Presidents to CLRG, or holders of senior AIDA roles, or who have just been around "forever" don't get a mention in these posts because...time has passed them by and we only focus on the last 25 years.

I would love to see some people post the names of more of the senior dancers, those who led the way in the 60s and 70s and 80s. I won't name any as I don't really have the skill or experience to do that, but there must be others who can :)

And I expect that the celebrations this year will bring back some memories, and possibly surprises to younger (born after 1985) dancers!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Holly Makin, Harriet Ogilvy, Rebekah Roma, Samantha Murphy, Emma Henshaw, Ellen Bradley, Paddy Jessing..... To name a few. Going back a few years (NT) -- Old Timer.... Such talent in Australia, Sun, May 28 2017, 19:33:53"

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+9
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.