VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 31 2017, 10:29:36"
Author: LL
Subject: Hair
In reply to: .. 's message, "Photos on Facebook from The Pacific Belt Feis show little children looking like Marge Simpson. What in the name of God are they doing with great wads of hair built up on their heads. This obviously started with little bun wigs not being conspicuous enough on stage. The huge head pieces are ridiculous on little ones as well. Parents, don't get sucked in. They look stupid." on Sat, May 27 2017, 20:21:17"

I find this very hurtful. My DD wears a bun wig as high as I can get it. As a parent I'm guided by our Teacher, who I trust with the preparation and presentation of my daughter 100%. Of course outside an Irish Dancing competition she would look ridiculous with this hair, but it seems to me that this style is what's being done at the moment. I'm not being 'sucked in'. Would I like to spend less time on hair and make up and not on tanning and dresses and the rest of it ... of course! But after 7 years (so yes, still a newby) I'm OK with it. We are happy and that's what matters for your child and their chosen sport, ridiculous hair or not.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• For people who go on about modernising Irish dancing... -- Just sayin', Mon, Jun 19 2017, 21:45:33"

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+9
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.