VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jun 19 2017, 21:45:33"
Author: Just sayin'
Subject: For people who go on about modernising Irish dancing...
In reply to: .. 's message, "Photos on Facebook from The Pacific Belt Feis show little children looking like Marge Simpson. What in the name of God are they doing with great wads of hair built up on their heads. This obviously started with little bun wigs not being conspicuous enough on stage. The huge head pieces are ridiculous on little ones as well. Parents, don't get sucked in. They look stupid." on Sat, May 27 2017, 20:21:17"

There is nothing modern in children looking like Marge Simpson or Drag queens. Just sayin' For as long as children do look like this -Irish dancing will NEVER EVER be seen as a sport. Whose to blame, the designers or the parents??? Bit of the chicken and the egg really. But I think it's the parents who have been fooled. To me, some of this stuff looks like cheap holiday trinkets from Hong Kong in the 80's. But what do I know about fashion ;) The likes we see at comps isn't pure Irish dancing anyway.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Why then do the parents love the "Blackout" Feis and want to have it twice a year. And I also love our Christmas Concert which is absolutely huge and no-one wears a wig, apart from little bun wigs. These extreme hair fashions are totally unnecessary (NT) -- .., Tue, Jun 20 2017, 12:02:38"
  • You need to press on the comment to see what is written they are against not for the wigs etc.The McAleer comp had a blackout premiership and it was fantastic. (NT) -- love the idea of blackout, Tue, Jun 20 2017, 13:43:51"
  • What is blackout? (nt) (NT) -- question-, Thu, Jun 22 2017, 3:10:30"

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+9
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.