[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2018, 17:53:40"
Author: New Mod
Subject: Message Board Closed
On Friday 2nd March a post from a spammer appeared on this board, it was visible for just over one hour before it was discovered and removed.
On Wednesday 7th March the old Mod received a phone call from the police, an AIDA member had reported her and she was threatened with being charged with distributing child pornography if "she posted anything like that again". The police also said "pictures like this can't be posted" there were no pictures, just text, and it was a small amount of text, no pornographic words, only "Boys & Girls" and three links which I don't think any of us would have been stupid enough to click on. As was clearly stated on Friday 2nd March, this post came from an overseas spammer so we are truly stunned that this ADCRG would resort to this measure when the post was removed so quickly, almost no-one saw it.
We are gutted and completely sick with the stress this has caused us. On Monday it will be 16 years since this message board was started. 16 years of unfailing service, on what is probably the best maintained voy board in the world. If you are a visitor to any of the overseas boards, you will know what I mean. I (New Mod) was planning on posting some original posts to celebrate, to see how much things have changed. Now we are over it. I do not want to risk my every day job with the possibility of this person pulling favours from the police whenever they don't like something on the board.
This board is not run by or for AIDA, how dare they think they can defame someone for a post made by someone else. Shame on you AIDA member. So that's it, you are on your own, this board is closed. Thanks for reading.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- So very sorry for the stress and upset this has caused you, old and new Mods. You do such a brilliant job, and it is such a shame that someone would jump to ridiculously insulting and offensive conclusions before even bothering to find out who was responsible. (NT) -- I hope they are ashamed and at least apologise., Sat, Mar 10 2018, 18:44:35"
- Thank you. Please note, I have just seen that someone has posted a link to a new Australian voy board on one of the other boards. Whoever has done this is calling themself "New Mod" and have copy and pasted the introduction from this board. I do not know who this is, beware that this could be an AIDA member and whoever it is can see your IP address and location. Post with this in mind. (NT) -- New Mod (of only this board), Sat, Mar 10 2018, 20:54:12"
- How can they not know that it is spam, especially the police. I have seen many times on other boards inappropriate posts with inappropriate links which are swiftly removed. These types of attacks happens on Facebook and Instagram if your account is not private. It's the sick new tech world we live in. (NT) -- Only way to prevent this to have posters register and get verified, Sat, Mar 10 2018, 21:07:25"
- hhmmm interesting, a friend reported someone to the police (for a real, ongoing crime) in October and it has still not been dealt with. Strange how this trivial non crime was reported and action taken in a few days..... How would that happen I wonder? (NT) -- -, Sat, Mar 10 2018, 22:06:34"
- Disappointed -- Long Term IDM, Wed, Mar 14 2018, 10:52:21"
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT+11|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.