VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, Mar 11 2018, 23:55:46"
Author: New Mod
Subject: Happy 16th Birthday Message Board :)

When changing the setting on the board this week, I came across the original board info showing that it was started on 12th March 2002 ! I was then able to find some posts from the early days and thought they might be fun to look back on to see what everyone was talking about back then. It was also interesting to see posts from vendors who are no longer around and some who are still in business....

From 22/6/02: My friend came back from the Worlds and said she saw dresses for sale for $2000 US dollars and people were snapping them up -- what next?
Replies: Yes we were there, off the rack dresses for as much as 2000 pounds, I wouldn't say they were walking out the door, but there were an awful lot of enquiries. I think most people would still be reluctant to spend that much. Don't panic, we wont be spending that much on our dresses here for quite a long time, long after our girls retire, or we can all learn to sew,jump on the bandwagon and make a killing. (Mod: hands up who has since paid more than $2,000!!)

From 22/6/02: Only one week till the Winter Solstice....... -- ahhhhh.... can't wait to catch up with every1 ! (Mod: Who remembers Winter Solstice?)

From 17/10/02: photos -- photo freak,
Are there any sites apart from Irish dancing in Sydney with photos up from the Australian nationals? (Mod: was there really life before Swoose? Thanks Milton!)

From 12/2/03: Riverdance in Canberra
With clouds and rain threatening us all day, there were lots of worried people in Canberra yesterday! but the sky cleared and the stadium was fantastic! Even the people in the back row were still so close with only 5000 seats sold. The show was brilliant and the dancing stunning. We got to meet some of the dancers after the show and it was great to chat to some of the Aussie dancers. Also thanks to Riverdance for their donation of almost $10,000 to the Canberra bushfire appeal! (Mod: Riverdance, please come back to Australia!!!)

From 11/10/04: Does anyone in Australia have a Gavin Doherty dress? I want to see one to see what all the fuss is about.
Replies: I don't think anyone in Australia has a real one. Mon, Oct 11 2004. (Mod: How things have changed!)

Please share any great memories you have over the last 16 years. I was thinking of products that are no longer around. Who remembers scented practice socks from Jeff at Celtic Soles?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.