VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:31:09 11/05/06 Sun
Author: Squiggy'smom
Subject: Vitamins and Supplements?

I'm concerned that Squiggy isnt getting the nutrition she needs-she's pretty picky.She loves green grapes the most...Every night I give her a large assortment of fruits and veggies,but she leaves most of them uneaten....How much exactly should she be consuming?She pretty much leaves the dry food alone....Sometimes eats a few nuts and sunflower seeds....I bought repti-cal to sprinkle on her food,but then she wont touch it at all.........I tried mealworms...wont touch them,either........I'm afraid she isnt getting enough protein...I tried hard boiled egg and chicken....yuk!
Anyway,I was looking at Exoticnutrition.com and they have foods and supplements,but I am not sure what to get as nothing seems to be made expressly for Flyers...Would Sugar Glider food be acceptable?They have Glider-Cal which has no phospherous...does she need that?..There are vitamins for Gliders as well....Would those be okay for Flyers?There is also something called Calcimize which is supposed to remove chlorine and heavy metals from the water AND add calcium..I have well water,there is no chlorine in it,but we have a water softener that uses potasium chloride....will that harm her?Should i maybe be using bottled water?
Are all flyers such picky eaters?
By the way,she loves to play in her water dish...She immerses first her front half in the dish,splashing with her front legs as if she were swimming...then she drapes herself across the dish and gets her belly wet....she will use the water to wash herself.....she is one clean squirrely!!It seems she is always grooming herself!She was sitting on my arm last night grooming away,so intent on the job that she fell off!! I had to laugh........
The dish is really very small and shallow....I was afraid to get a bigger one,thinking she might drown...but I'm wondering if I should get a larger one so she can get her whole body in it and play till her heart's content....but I was thinking she might get a chill........Do all Flyers love the water?
I'd like to get her started on supplements asap,as I've had her for 2 months now and I sure dont want her to get sick...........As I've said,I did try the Repti-Cal,but she refuses to touch her food with that stuff on it.....It doesnt seem she eats enough to get all the vitamins she needs.............I think she must be very concerned with her "figure".......I have one of those plastic bird mirrors with a bell on the bottom and she is always checking out her reflection...........haha....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.