VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:59:32 11/11/06 Sat
Author: Squiggy's Mom
Subject: Re: Do Flyers go into "heat"?
In reply to: Agnes 's message, "Re: Do Flyers go into "heat"?" on 12:10:39 11/11/06 Sat

>You were lucky with the cats....... Or should I say
>the cats luck out... I've had chinchillas that were
>born from son and mother. I thought he was a she..
>The result was very sad. It would be nice if you
>wouldn't chance it. Besides .. if she is that small
>, wouldn't be nice if she was able to mature and grow
>to the size of her counter part??? She needs time to
>bond with you before she is burden with so much
>responsibility. That is a lot on a young flyer. One
>of the many reason why life in the wild is much
>shorter. Beside, didn't you say that your state was
>not a flyer friendly state..... You will have to
>accommadate every baby she has... You can very well
>turn them loose if they are raised in captivity....

Yes-that's true-this is not a flyer friendly state.....
I really would love to have at least one baby..I was really thinking of buying one...there is a pet store in NJ that sells them and I was thinking of gettting one in the spring....I acquired Squiggy as an adult,so I never experienced the joy of bonding with an infant FS....I would like to get another female,as I've heard males become aggressive and nuetering can be dangerous.......Do I have to prove my residency status if I travel to another state that IS flyer freindly?I would hate to travel 3 hours to be told I couldnt adopt one.....
(I'm assuming you meant to say that I CANT turn them loose if they are raised in capativity)
I have gathered from the other squirrel board that there is a kind of FS "Underground"...people like me that love them and keep them in states where they arent considered legal pets.........I'm wondering if its possible to contact any of them in my state..CT...cause if Squiggs ever gets hurt or sick,I dont know what I would do.....I'm hoping someone might know of a rehabber or a vet that might be willing to assist me on the QT...
I couldnt actually go to jail,could I?Thats kind of dumb,considering that actual criminals are having their sentences commuted early due to lack of jail space!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.