VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:18:54 06/15/09 Mon
Author: Beverly
Subject: Funny story 'bout cashew ....
In reply to: Alex A 's message, "Re: I've never heard that cashews are a 'no-no' - unless ..." on 17:43:40 06/15/09 Mon

Molly Kule, my first flyer (a gift from the GS, delivered by Becall, one of my barnyard cats), loved to steal a taste of whatever I was eating. Molly was a 'free range' flyer - had run of my house. One evening, I had friends join me for dinner - I made an oriental dish, shrimp and cashew, with cabbage, waterchestnuts, in a light 'toasted seseme seed and ginger' Asian style dressing, on rice. At the dinner table, Molly decided to join me, jumping from the ceiling molding to the table, then to my shoulder. I figured I'd give her a cashew - but first I'd 'suck' the dressing off the nut, to prevent Molly from getting perhaps a taste-bud shock from the ginger in the dressing. As I carefully worked on the cashew, Molly jumped from my shoulder to the table, grabbed a shrimp from my plate, and fled like a little bandit! I swallowed the cashew, laughing along with my guests at Molly's decision to grab the shrimp. I did get up to see where she'd go, with the shrimp. Molly was on top of the bookcase, happily eating the shrimp. When she had all she wanted, she took the remaining piece, and 'hid' it in the corner of the bookcase top shelf. So, when it comes to deciding what to feed a flyer - well, sometimes, they decide for themselves! (Still, I recommend caution in making things that are not in the 'natural' diet available to flyers ...

>The only foods i restrict from my fliers are macadamia
>nuts and onions. I've heard both are toxic. it's
>always better to be safe than sorry. Also, the only
>people food they get are the things they steal from me.
>
>>I've never heard that cashews are a 'no-no' - unless
>>you mean salted cashews.
>>
>>I try to keep my fliers diet restricted to foods they
>>would find in the natural setting - so, I avoid giving
>>them things like candy - chocolate, or otherwise.
>>
>>I don't often give them cashews - I do give them
>>walnuts, hazelnuts, etc. Fresh veggies, and some tree
>>buds and seeds, from my own woods (where I know
>>nothing is sprayed).
>>
>>>Why are cashews not good for fliers? Are their any
>>>other foods to avoid? love... mother of a "piglet";D

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.