VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:32:12 09/23/09 Wed
Author: Beverly
Subject: Re: Hi to all
In reply to: Connie and Rain 's message, "Re: Hi to all" on 10:45:41 09/22/09 Tue

Connie, I 'cut my teeth' with my first laptop Compaq computer back in 2001 - it was a Costco 'demo' model, and I had tons of trouble with it (although it never really 'crashed'). In the long run, it wound up going back to Costco, and I got my money back. I then purchased a desktop, which I still have (although no longer use - my
daily' pc is this HP Pavilion) What I found is that if one has a decent anti-virus programme (I'm currently using the free (yeah!) Avast anti-virus, and it works GREAT), and if one avoids any, well, 'questionable' browsing, the computer is a great means to keep in touch, and gather info - plus, you get to 'meet' people you'd otherwise have no opportunity to know!

Speaking of Costco, I buy their 'giant' bag of dried mushrooms, and provide them to my boys. They do enjoy them. I don't collect 'wild' mushrooms, because I don't trust them. In the 'natural' setting, it's possible that squirrels 'know' which are 'good' mushrooms, and which to avoid - but in the 'domestic' setting, it's possible a squirrel might eat something it would otherwise avoid. So, I stick to white 'button' mushrooms, or portabello mushrooms, that I can get at the salad bar of the stupidmarket - or the dried mushrooms (which are also portabellos).

Lately, my boys are pretty quiet - and they also do more 'jumping', than gliding. Back on LI, where the den was 20 x 24, and the draperies went from floor to ceiling, my crew did more gliding - there was more 'open space'.

If there weren't so many places a flyer could get into the walls, here, I think they'd really love the 'loft to livingroom' expanse. But, I don't let the boys have free range of the entire house, here - too many dangers.

They're already being 'less active', with Autumn beginning. So, if Rain seems 'quiet', I would not worry too much. Absolutely, a 'juvenile' flyer is a sort of 'non-stop' whirlwind of a critter - where the adults will sit for hours at the top of the bedroom curtains, just staring down like little grey gargoyles! Too funny, really ....

Thanks for visiting!

>>Glad to be back and promise not to let this computer
>frustrate me so much! Computers and I do not get
>along; probably because I let the computer get the
>best of me!! I am the only person using this one and
>I am guarding it! If it crashes, I have nobody to
>blame but myself. My first use of a computer was
>when I logged in here to find out what to do with my
>new, baby critter!! My old brain just can't seem to
>grasp, when others have no problem! Dial-up is my only
>option here. Off that
>subject,sorry. The other day I saw a
>grey squirrel eating something; when I approached the
>tree he dropped his treat. It was a mushroom! So I
>broke a little bit off and gave it to Rain! She
>gobbled it up! So now I buy her a mushroom every
>now and again and she loves them! She also loves
>Craisins, but these are a treat she gets very seldom.
> I have never really seen Rain "fly"; she jumps
>about, long jumps, but not what I would call "flying".
> I'm afraid that if she ever tried it, she would
>"crash and burn"!! I've talked enough! Long
>blab!! Hey, Connie and Rain! Very nice to
>hear from you and
>>know that you are "back among us" at last! Connie, I
>>think Rain may be like me--gravity DOES takes its
>>course and always finds my mid-section! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>>Hi to all! Took me forever to find you. Rain is
>>>happy, healthy, and way too fat![I think] She does
>>>not run on her wheel or back flip like she used to.
>>>We call her "a tennis ball w/head and tail" when
>>>veiwed from the side; but stretched out and when I
>>>hold her, she doesn't seem so fat! We have always
>let
>>>her have what she wanted, but now I am considering
>>>otherwise. How to do this with all her hoarding.
>>>She gets very miffed when I envade her food areas
>Is
>>>she just an adult now and not so entent on playing
>>>around? I can't get used to her sitting quietly when
>>>before she was all motion and hard to even keep an
>eye
>>>on!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.