VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:58:00 09/24/09 Thu
Author: Connie and Rain
Subject: Re: Shiitake Mushrooms
In reply to: Linda 's message, "Shiitake Mushrooms" on 10:22:06 09/23/09 Wed

The only reason I gave that bit of mushroom to Rain was because I saw another squirrel eating it! I do buy them now; I watch the squirrels, all the time, and use them as a direction for Rains wild food source! She LOVES Passion Flowers!! After they bloom I give her the bud, and she eats them right up and the leafs. I try to keep the plant all Summer outside, and then bring it in for the Winter. It worked last Winter, hopefully I will be able to keep the plant this Winter! My Mother had Passion Flower plants all about her house in FL., so that was what gave me the idea to give them to Rain!! They are very hard to keep inside but I managed it somehow!! Wish me luck on keeping this plant alive, two Summers AND two Winters!!! Rain has had plenty of room to "fly" but has never taken the plunge!! She will climb up her curtains and then jump on me! She will sit in my hand forever, climb about on me, then take small jumps about; but never really "fly". Oh Well, I have a non-flying Flying Squirrel!! I am getting along with this computer, so far. Take Care to All ,>Have you tried an occasional fresh Shiitake mushroom?
>Amanda really likes them as a change.
>She gets a fresh mushroom, usually a baby portabello
>or a white button, almost every night for the vit. D.
>
>>Speaking of Costco, I buy their 'giant' bag of dried
>>mushrooms, and provide them to my boys. They do enjoy
>>them. I don't collect 'wild' mushrooms, because I
>>don't trust them. In the 'natural' setting, it's
>>possible that squirrels 'know' which are 'good'
>>mushrooms, and which to avoid - but in the 'domestic'
>>setting, it's possible a squirrel might eat something
>>it would otherwise avoid. So, I stick to white
>>'button' mushrooms, or portabello mushrooms, that I
>>can get at the salad bar of the stupidmarket - or the
>>dried mushrooms (which are also portabellos).
>>

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.