VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:05:58 01/25/10 Mon
Author: Beverly
Subject: Does the pup have hair, Connie? Kitten Milk Replacement ...
In reply to: Connie and Rain 's message, "Worried" on 11:31:56 01/25/10 Mon

Does the pup have hair, Connie? [That will be a clue in just how old the pup is.] Kitten milk Replacement .... should work okay, for him, but I would get fresh stuff. Might be good to dilute it with PedialyteŽ, for a day or two. Try keeping him on you; inside your shirt actually works best; or, believe it or not, pretty close to your heart (so, a 'sports type' bra often works well, if you can put the pup 'in between'). When I found Molly, I found it easiest to keep her in the neck of my turtleneck! The cotton was just snug enough to keep her in place, but not so snug as to smother her. The 'heartbeat' from the neck arteries was likely 'soothing' for her, too. With the feeding, an eyedropper or a plastic syringe (without the steel needle, of course) helps. It's usually best to just put droplets of the formula on the pups muzzle, and let him 'suck' it in, whilst holding the pup in one hand, with his face sort of 'downward' in you hand, so the formula cannot get into his lungs. That's the most significant danger, with infant critters - 'drowning' them in formula. Often best to stimulate the pup to pee and or poo both before, and after, feeding. It also helps to loosely swaddle the pup with soft white paper towel - this will help you to be able to tell if he's peeing and pooing 'on his own' between your efforts to help him with this function. Often, just the movement of your body, if you're carrying the pup around, will help to stimulate the pup to eliminate waste. Keep us posted ... and also, visit the National Flying Squirrel Associations messageboard, for more advice!
National Flying Squirrel Association Messageboard

>Just found a baby boy!! Much youger than Rain was
>and born way before he should have been, in my area!!
> Afraid he will not make it! I warmed him up and put
>him in a sock in my pocket, but he is SO small, I
>don't know what to do with him!! I have kitten
>formula, left over from an abandoned kitten I had last
>Summer, plus bottles. I know he has to be stimulated
>after feeding [I used a paper towel, soaked in warm
>water, for the kitten]. What else can I do?? Help!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.